millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Your perfect movie remake

We touched on this on a few recent conversations in the various film threads. Some remakes are pointless or make a bad fist of it.

If you were a Hollywood producer that could to take on any property or idea and had access to any talent you wanted, what would you make? Who would do it?

I’ll start.

Transformers - writer and director Duncan Jones. Reading the IDW comics the interesting part is seeing a more nuanced view of both sides and the futility of the endless conflict. While it had its limitations due to the rather generic source material I thought Warcraft handled that well and refreshingly. It would be mostly a voice cast so I don’t have any huge preferences but that may be different for other properties.

8 Likes

I had an inkling that Jon Hamm would be a fine Frank Drebin should there ever be a Naked Gun reboot.

13 Likes

That’s great. I could see that working.

They were talking about a reboot with Ed Helms a while back, weren’t they? That’s all gone very quiet.

2 Likes

I am surprised there hasn’t been a more recent adaptation of 1984.

I don’t know what Christopher Nolan has planned after Dunkirk but I would love to see him tackle it.

7 Likes

The Monster Squad - written by Shane Black and directed by James Gunn.

7 Likes

Avatar - written by Ann Leckie (of the Imperial Radch novels) and directed by Neil Blomkamp

2 Likes

A clockwork orange by David Fincher.

Starring Brad Pitt or Adam Driver. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gone With the Wind. Directed by Michael Bay. Starring Hayden Christiansen and Kim Kardashian. Theme song by Meghan Trainor.

14 Likes

Some I have no real creator ideas for:
A high sci-fantasy take on Flash Gordon. Less comedy, sparse “sci-fi”.

One I really want to see a creator handle:
The Phantom of the Paradise with songs by Lin Manuel Miranda, who will also portray Swan.

3 Likes

Streets of Fire - Written by Simon Jones. Directed by John Woo or Edgar Wright.

I’m open to suggestions about who could play Tom Cody. My initial thought is that it should be someone young like John Boyega or Nicholas Hoult.

2 Likes

Anime? :smiley:

1 Like

Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. Starring whoever he wants (plus Kurt Russell, obviously).

7 Likes

I’d watch ‘Invasion of the Body Snatchers’ directed by David Fincher.

Tarantino does do remakes, and they usually turn out well, so maybe it could be a double bill?

2 Likes

Remake all three parts of The Hobbit. Keep the same director, writers and cast. But cut out 67% of the rubbish and make one good film that tells the proper story.

Er, I guess I’m asking for a re-edit, not a re-make :confused:

10 Likes

Pretty sure about 2 or 3 of those exist online.

That would be perfect!

1 Like

James Cameron’s Dune

2 Likes

I love the original movie, but there is so much ground they could cover with a modern aesthetic.
Miranda being Swan is a natural fit because he’s sort of a very likable figure right now.

Being the piece of crap that Swan was would be perfect.

Andrew Stanton’s Dune

1 Like

James Gunn’s Big Trouble in Little China
Chris Pratt- Jack Burton
Kurt Russell- Lo Pan( submit all white washing comments here)
Gracie and Margo- Zoe Saldana and Karen Gillan
Miao Yin- Pom Klementieff

4 Likes

James Cameron’s Jurassic Park.

2 Likes