millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Your favorite Leonardo DiCaprio's movie(s)

Like Your Favorite Kurt Russell movie, I envisioned this thread in same way. So let’s begin.

Shutter Island
Wolf of Wall Street
Inception
The Departed
Body of Lies

1 Like

My personal favourites are not what I think are his best performances or best movies. They are The Quick and the Dead, Catch Me If You Can and The Aviator.

2 Likes

Yeah best movie and best performance are different things.

Gangs of New York & The Departed are his best movies. I also really love Romeo & Juliet.

2 Likes

I forgot to add please don’t mention The Quick and the Dead :smile:

1 Like

But it’s awesome in every way possible :grin:

4 Likes

We counting Django Unchained?

5 Likes

Off the top of my head my top 5 might be The Basketball Diaries, The Aviator, Shutter Island, Wolf of Wall Street, and The Great Gatsby.

I actually love Gangs of New York but I don’t think Leo or Cameron Diaz were very well cast.

He has a nice filmography, maybe the best of any modern actor aside from Nicolas Cage.

5 Likes

Brad-Pitt-e-Angelina-Jolie

“Am I a joke to you?”

1 Like

Matt Damon has a good list too.

1 Like

Erm… Catch Me If You Can? Can’t think of another one I like really.

3 Likes

His best performance has gotta be Wolf of Wall Street. That should’ve nabbed him the Oscar, not Revenant.

He’s also great in Django, Gatsby, Inception, and Departed. Looking through his filmography, I’ve seen less than I thought. I missed most of his 90s output.

1 Like

Django
The Aviator
Inception
The Revenant
The Departed

I agree that while he was very good in GONY he was miscast, not so much as Cameron Diaz though. I didn’t enjoy Wolf of Wall Street (so it isn’t in my list) but I can see why people have put it in theirs.

I can only remember seeing him in two movies. Inception was good but not because of his performance, any competent actor could have stood in for him. So I guess I have to say Romeo and Juliet, where he completely nailed the role.

1 Like

There’s no way DiCaprio can every compete with Russell. :wink:

He has had some great films but often feels like he’s chomping at the bit for an Oscar with some selections. It’s also a bit unnerving (and unhealthy) how far he disappears into some of his roles.

Here are some of my favorites though.

Romeo + Juliet
Catch Me If You Can
The Departed
Inception
Django Unchained

3 Likes

Django Unchained
Titanic
Catch Me If You Can
Romeo + Juliet
Inception

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood will be my new favorite once it release in theater.

3 Likes

Beat actor in Hollywood

Top 5, In order…

Shutter Island
Wolf of Wall Street
Catch Me If You Can
Django
Inception

2 Likes

J. Edgar comes to mind. Oh, and make-up on that film too.

But I agree with the Oscars issue. Just to remember on those mock-up images, when he slipped the award.

What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
The Quick and The Dead
Blood Diamond
The Departed
Romeo + Juliet

It’s also one of my Top 5 westerns, if not Top 3

3 Likes

It’s extremely underrated.

f78395663171dc9f3b8eef7e522a9bb4

In all honestly I think the only reason it is, is Raimi’s zoom shots, angles and cartoonish moments that dictated the style, as it always does in his movies. But the set-up, script and acting make it a really solid western that stands up to some of the classics.

3 Likes

I was thinking mostly of Django Unchained and how he treated Jamie Foxx on set.