millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Wrestling Thread (spoilers)

Well, stupider things have happened, but part of me refuse to believe that Vince would place the strap on a part timer who is doing a very limited run (Goldberg). Since Lesnar may not do MMA again, putting the belt on him makes slightly more sense.

I think KO is ready and can main event WM against a kick ass opponent.

Goldberg has been one of the few significant difference makers in this current run, in terms of TV ratings, crowd reactions, the video game and coming across as a genuine superstar at least. Might as well cash in while the going is hot and give him a title run.

That said, I’m FULLY on board for a Lesnar/KO match WM match, but Lesnar/Goldberg is already set in stone.

I think it’s all but a foregone conclusion that Orton will NOT fight Cena for the SD title…right? I mean, they can’t possibly think that will fly with Ambrose and Styles on the roster.

Nah, no way that Orton/Cena winds up happening at Mania. But you can see it (again) next week on Smackdown if you so desire…

Styles/Cena continue to feud for a bit, and Styles walks into Mania with the strap and retains against Orton who has nothing to lose in this equation.

WWE Elimination Chamber Results:

[spoiler]

1. Becky Lynch defeated Mickie James. James countered a Dis-arm-her into a roll-up, which Lynch countered into a roll-up of her own for the pinfall victory.

2. Handicap Match: Apollo Crews and Kalisto defeated Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler attacked Kalisto, taking him out for most of the match, but he returned for the finish. Crews pinned Ziggler after a spin-out powerbomb. After the match, Ziggler attacked and beat down Crews, trying to break his ankle with a steel chair.

3. American Alpha © won Tag Team Turmoil. The match started with Heath Slater and Rhyno vs. Breezeango, with Rhyno pinning Fandango with a spear. The Vaudevillains entered next, and Slater pinned Aiden English after a DDT. The Usos entered next, pinning Slater after a superkick. That brought out American Alpha, who won with a roll-up. After that fall, the Usos stuck around to beat down American Alpha. Alpha won the final fall against the Ascension after Grand Amplitude on Konnor.

4. Nikki Bella vs. Natalya ended in a double count-out. After the match, Natalya attacked Nikki. As Natalya was leaving, Nikki followed her up the ramp with a spear. The two continued brawling, and continued the brawl during a backstage segment later in the show.

5. Randy Orton defeated Luke Harper. Orton countered a discus lariat and hit an RKO to win.

6. Smackdown Women’s Championship Match: Naomi defeated Alexa Bliss ©. Naomi countered Twisted Bliss by getting up her knees, the hit a split-legged moonsault to win the Smackdown Women’s Championship.

7. Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship: Bray Wyatt defeated John Cena ©, AJ Styles, The Miz, Baron Corbin and Dean Ambrose. Corbin was distracted by The Miz entering the match, allowing Ambrose to roll him up and eliminate him first. Corbin stuck around and destroyed Ambrose. Miz took advantage, pinning and eliminating Ambrose. Cena eliminated Miz after an Attitude Adjustment. Wyatt eliminated Cena after a Sister Abigail. Wyatt countered a Phenomenal Forearm with Sister Abigail to win the match and win the WWE Championship.[/spoiler]

Trump just messes everything up:

This is either the best thing WWE has done or the worst:

Watched the most recent Hall of Fame ceremony. John Cena, for all the hate he gets, sure can give a good speech. His intro of Kurt Angle was one of the best. Kudos to Angle for making his speech short and sweet, focusing on the positives of his run.

Surely she’d have to be one of the first two. She can’t main event alone. WWE will have to book her better going forward, though. Because the bits I’ve seen of the Raw women’s division have been a mess. No real rhyme or reason behind any of the booking decisions, which is a shame due to all the talent they have.

I can’t stand her. I think if she does anything resembling good it’s because she’s being carried. She’s terrible on the mic. Infinitely prefer Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, even Bayley.

This Wrestlemania has been interesting…was there ANY non-wrestling/Hollywood stuff thrown in, besides Pit Bull?
Shane/AJ was a great match.

I know Rob Gronkowski got involved in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.

was that on the pre-show? I missed all of that.

I think it was part of Wrestlemania. I only know because I read the live results.