millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Wrestling Thread (spoilers)

Ah, Kurt’s baby.

…Anyway, I think his work in WWE/WCW more than adequately justifies this. He’s the definition of a professional, and one of the best pure heels ever. His TNA work as champion, I think, went over poorly mostly because Triple H was doing the same thing on Raw, only he never put over exciting new talent like Styles, who clearly has stood the passage of time. It’s well past time to give Jarrett some credit.

It is inevitable that Jarrett breaks a guitar over Elias’ head at WrestleMania.

Would be epic! All he has to do is avoid using phrases like “slapnuts,” and I think he’s good.

There was a brief moment, a few years back now, where it really looked like she’d got herself together. It’s a shame because she was one of the best heel valets in the business but left WWF just as the Attitude era got going.

One of the Usos received a very similar charge a few weeks ago but their push continued regardless. Obviously Jeff has his history, though. Interesting to see if this leads to some sort of punishment at a time WWE is crying out for star power.

Who’s better at overturning a vehicle?

Big Show overturning a jeep

or

Braun Strowman demolishing the production truck parts

To quote Shakespeare, “holy shit”…

That is an incredible article.

Since Wrestlemania is in a few days:

Here’s the WrestleMania 34 card, for those who are interested (live this Sunday night; or the wee hours of early Monday morning in the UK):

01/ Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Title

02/ Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs Triple H & Stephanie McMahon

03/ AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship

04/ Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

05/ Charlotte Flair vs Asuka for the Smackdown Women’s Title

06/ Cesaro & Sheamus vs Braun Strowman & TBD for the Raw Tag Team Titles

07/ Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax for the Raw Women’s Title

08/ The Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor for the Intercontinental Title

09/ Randy Orton vs Bobby Roode vs Jinder Mahal vs Rusev for the United States Title

10/ The Usos vs New Day vs Bludgeon Brothers for the Smackdown Tag Team Titles

11/ Cedric Alexander vs Mustafa Ali for the Cruiserweight Title

12/ Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal – including Dash Wilder, Scott Dawson, Baron Corbin, Mojo Rawley, Tye Dillinger, Matt Hardy, Dolph Ziggler, Tyler Breeze, Fandango, Goldust, Heath Slater, Rhyno, Zack Ryder, Primo Colon, Kane, Curt Hawkins, Shelton Benjamin, Chad Gable, Aiden English and others

13/ WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal – including Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Liv Morgan, Naomi, Natalya, Ruby Riott, Sarah Logan, Bayley, Lana, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Mickie James, Carmella, Dana Brooke and others

Also, as yet unannounced, some sort of confrontation or fight or match between John Cena and The Undertaker… probably…

That’s a really stacked card. Trying to watch the whole thing sounds exhausting.

It really does. My friend’s gone to Wrestlemania this year and got the full fan access pass so as well as the marathon slog that is Mania and its pre-show, he was at the 5 hour plus Hall of Fame event last night and has tickets to Raw, Smackdown, NXT and I think another night of taping or a house-show (or a RoH show) all within a week and… it sounds like too much.

Yeah, there is a 2 hour pre-show with the battle royals and cruiserweight match, then the main show will likely be five hours at least.

I went to WM a few years back. It was a lot of fun, but I was only there for about 4 1/2 hours and that was more than enough. Not sure how people can handle the full 7 hour show this year, let alone all the other stuff they have going on this week.