millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Who is the perfect Hit-Girl artist?

Excluding JRJR of course.

The artist I was zeroing in on signed up for 3 more years with DC. They pay less than Millarworld, but do a very good health insurance package and sometimes real life is a lot more important than our books. So Johnny and I are looking for someone brilliant for this series.

Any thoughts?

Note: Goran will be busy with Starlight 2 as I start getting deep into all the sequels.

4 Likes

Bachalo is very enegertic and would make Hit Girl interesting… But probably not quite right.

Have you thought about Ken Rocafort?

3 Likes

Becky Cloonan

3 Likes

It’s unfortunate your first choice is unavailable, I was just re-reading “Return to Weapon X” and Adam Kubert did a great job, might be a good fit. Of course JRJR is the “perfect” choice, I assume there is some other project you two are working on! :wink:

1 Like

Have you thought about this week’s guest in the Fan Chat?

1 Like

Cameron Stewart?

10 Likes

Oh yeah. Cameron Stewart!!!

3 Likes

Going with McCrea

2 Likes

Some very good suggestions here. Keep em coming.

MM

1 Like

Steve Skroce
Chris Weston
Geof Darrow

Todd Nauck.

Chris Samnee has been doing some cracking work with Mark Waid lately on Daredevil and Black Widow. Really bold, dynamic stuff.

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Daredevil_1_Preview_3-600x911.jpg

5 Likes

Thanks,folks. Keep em coming. We can afford pretty much anyone. They just need to be great, on time and alive.

MM

5 Likes

I like Becky Cloonan but I think she’s gotten a taste of writing and isn’t going back anytime soon.

I also think Chris Samnee would be great but he seems quite firmly ensconced at Marvel.

I would also suggest the following.

Matteo Scalera

Dan Panosian

They both have the potential to bring a raw energy to the book.

4 Likes

Bachalo is awesome.

1 Like

Damn, 2 out of 3.

Go get Cameron Stewart. He’s good, close by, wants to work with you and I think he’s pretty good at getting the Millennial readers. He’d make Hit Girl the next Ms Marvel/Spider Gwen/Lady Deadpool - whatever they’re creating to cynically sell to wealthy young women.

4 Likes

Stewart is another great pick. He fits somewhere between Samnee and my two picks artistically. He’s another one that’s gotten a taste of writing though.

2 Likes

All the artists mentioned are good and couldn’t fault any that have been suggested.

Sarah pichelli or Andrea sorrentino

3 Likes

How about Nathan Fox?

3 Likes