millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Which real life human being has been closest to a super hero?

I guess two near the top would be Muhammed Ali and Einsteine.

Muhammad Ali
Bruce Lee
John Walsh

Yeah, Bruce Lee. Sorry 'bout the spelling of Mohammad, probably got Einsteine wrong too.

My two picks would be Bo Jackson for his insane physicality, and Nikola Tesla for his mad scientist brain.

:frowning:

(just messing with you)

Probably this guy:

Dude never even came forward…he had a secret identity and everything!

Dean Karnazes

Karnazes has completed a number of endurance events, mostly running events, but also a swimming event. Most notable achievements include:

Ran 350 miles (560 km) in 80 hours and 44 minutes without sleep in 2005
Single-handedly completed “The Relay”, a 199-mile (320 km) run from Calistoga to Santa Cruz, eleven times
Ran a marathon to the South Pole in −13 °F (−25 °C) temperatures without snowshoes in 2002
Ran a marathon in each of the 50 states in 50 consecutive days in 2006

Wim Hof

Hof holds 20 world records, including a world record for longest ice bath.[2] Wim describes his ability to withstand extreme cold temperatures as being able to “turn his own thermostat up” by using his mind through yoga.[citation needed]

2007: He climbed to 6.7 kilometres (22,000 ft) altitude at Mount Everest wearing nothing but shorts and shoes, but failed to reach the summit due to a recurring foot injury.[3][4]

2008: He broke his previous world record by staying immersed in ice for 1 hour, 13 minutes and 48 seconds at Guinness World Records 2008.[citation needed] The night before, he performed the feat on the Today Show.[citation needed]

2009: In February Hof reached the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in his shorts within two days.[5] Hof completed a full marathon (42.195 kilometres (26.219 mi)), above the arctic circle in Finland, in temperatures close to −20 °C (−4 °F). Dressed in nothing but shorts, Hof finished in 5 hours and 25 minutes. The challenge was filmed by Firecrackerfilms, who make productions for BBC, Channel 4 and National Geographic.[6]

2010: Hof again broke the ice endurance record by standing fully immersed in ice for 1 hour and 44 minutes in Tokyo, Japan.[7]

2011: Hof broke the ice endurance record twice, in Inzell in February and in New York in November. The Guinness World Record is now set for 1 hour and 52 minutes and 42 seconds by Hof.[8] In September, Hof also ran a full marathon in the Namib Desert without water. The run was performed under the supervision of Dr. Thijs Eijsvogels.[9]

Isao Machii

Physically, Michael Jordan.

Bruce Lee
Muhammed Ali
Will
Steve Rogers
Cal Ripken, Jr.

Evil Knievel
Houdini

Ooh! Good one!

I was 8 when this happened and remember it very distinctly—it completely blew my mind. I didn’t know what to think about the plausibility of Spider-Man for a little while afterward.

Bruce Lee definitely.

Ali was a great sportsman, but Im not sure he was ‘superhuman’ in the same way as Lee. I hope thats not sacrilegious.

Houdini is a good one.

Wim Hof too - I remember a documentary on him.

Astronauts are pretty superhuman…

Shaq. You could probably make s superteam out of the elite NBA players.

Elon Musk is basically Tony Stark & Reed Richards. Could be Lex Luthor too.

Don’t forget Dion Warwicks psychic friends next work. That’s a whole super team

I don’t think Bruce Lee was entirely human with his one inch punch, and all his sweet philosophy. He defeated both Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan, and he was a dance champion too. What more could you ask for? The original water dancer (become like water, my friend). He’s my favourite real-life superhero.

Houdini, for sure.

Every astronaut is a superhero. They also serve as a useful reminder that humanity still isn’t dreaming big enough.

Khutulun - the warrior princess: would only marry whoever could defeat her. Those who lost would have to forfeit their horses. She ended up with 10,000 (horses not successful suitors). So, depending on your point of view – either a superhero or a supervillain. Not sure if she ever found her Prince Charming. :wink:

Gráinne Ní Máille (Grace O’Malley).

Shaolin monks seem fairly superhuman too; e.g. this guy:

https://primary.niume.com/pic/post/5c048489-4b1a-4146-9803-55390ac3e889_post.jpg

Bear Grylls.
He appears to be a combination of Wolverine and Matter eating lad!

On the Supervillian side.
Trumps doing a good impression of one.

I’d assemble a team of Carl Lewis, The Guy who plays the Mountain, Bruce Lee, Houdini, the American Sniper fella, Steve Jobs, and FDR.

Carl Lewis was exactly who I was thinking of as well.

Somebody photoshop my team for me.