millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What's your favorite Kurt Russell movie?

@KandorLives is fond of asking our live chat guests what their favorite Kurt Russell movie is. I’m curious. What’s yours?

Big Trouble in Little China is probably my favorite. Though I’ve enjoyed a ton of Russell movies like Soldier and even Captain Ron. I know my dad would say Tombstone. I’m pretty sure that’s his favorite film full stop.

3 Likes

The Thing.

1 Like

Weird, I was just thinking about this :wink:

Big Trouble in Little China, easily.

1 Like

3 Likes

For me it would be The Thing. It is such a great movie and such a tense movie.

After that, I would probably go with Escape From New York, Big Trouble in Little China and Tombstone in that order. I also really like Vanilla Sky (although I think that I may be one of the few people who does) and he’s really good in it.

3 Likes

I loved Vanilla Sky but don’t remember him in it. What was his part?

1. John Carpenter’s The Thing
  2. Big Trouble in Little China
  3. Tombstone.
  4. Dark Blue
  5. Sky High
1 Like

He was the psychiatrist meeting with Tom Cruise’s character when he is in custody. It was a very unflashy, normal guy kind of part.

One of the things which distinguishes Kurt Russell from a lot of guys who were big in the 80’s and early 90’s is that he is a pretty good actor. The Thing is a great movie, but part of why I love it is how he builds his character up without a lot of dialogue.

2 Likes

The Thing. Obviously.

2 Likes

Big Trouble in Little China

1 Like

I love that I didn’t have to start this thread. :blush:

3 Likes

You do have you leave your answer here though. :wink:

I will if @Mark_Millar does. :wink:

1 Like

My favorite is probably TOMBSTONE, but I also enjoyed his performances in EXECUTIVE DECISION and OVERBOARD.

I wonder what Kurt Russell’s favourite Kurt Russell movie is.

3 Likes

@brucegray666: I would probably say “The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes”.

1 Like

I know he’s very proud of Tombstone since he actually directed it (despite not being credited as such).

1 Like

This is really the only acceptable answer. The Thing is great, but Big Trouble transcends.

3 Likes

Shamefully, I’ve never seen it. Sounds like I need to correct that.

1 Like

Big Trouble is one of the classics but as a hockey fan, I need to represent and say Miracle

1 Like