millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What is the best order to watch the “Star Wars” series?

What is the best order to watch the “Star Wars” series?Would you please give me some advice.

For me

Rouge one

Clone wars series
Rebels series

Solo if you really want to but don’t have to

Star Wars resistance is aimed at a much younger audience and so far has zero impact on the greater narrative so I wouldn’t bother

Release order.

1. Star Wars
  2. The Empire Strikes Back
  3. Return of the Jedi

Then go and do something else.

Star Wars
Jango Fett scenes

Spaceballs.

I agree with this 100%.

Fixed that for you.

Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Caravan of Courage
The Last Jedi
Return of the Jedi
Battle for Endor
the Holiday Special

I’ve always wanted to try the Machete order.

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

While not a movie, you should include Star Wars: Droids. It’s the best prequel series in Star Wars canon.

Fully on board for this actually

Haha! That was going to be my answer, although I am intrigued after reading the posted article on the Machete order - although, not intrigued enough to watch them again.

Machete order is pretty close to what I’d recommend. I’d structure the movies like the chapters of a book, in what I think is a more satisfying order.

A New Hope - I think this is the best intro to the main story - which is the Luke story.
Rogue One - Provides a nice context and background to A New Hope, but not suitable for the first introduction to the Star Wars universe.
Empire Strikes Back - continues Luke’s story.
Attack of the Clones - another background journey, this time the origin of Darth Vader.
Revenge of the Sith - essentially making the story of Vader a 2 parter (the first movie is utterly skippable).
Optional if you’re loving these movies Clone Wars - animation might be a little off putting, but if you really want more I’d add this into the watch party as it’s pretty good.
Return of the Jedi - the proper ending of the story.

I’d skip Solo and make it it’s own fun movie without getting caught up in the whole arc (as the main story is about Luke, not Han). It’s much like that Ewok movies, watch it if you love Star Wars but it’s not very important. I’d also skip The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi unless you really want that feeling that someone took a dump on your brain. Star Wars hasn’t been made better by those movies.

What davidm said

I might toss in Rogue One between Star Wars and Empire, but I could take it or leave it. Otherwise I agree with this completely.

If you really want to watch all of them, then Jim’s suggestion seems solid enough.

Interesting that you’d include Rogue One and not The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi. I think the Machete order predated those which is probably why they weren’t addressed.

I really thought The Last Jedi was the first to take things back to truly the feeling and not just the beats of A New Hope.

Same.
Rogue One was just as bad.

Let’s avoid spoilers folks, just in case.

Why do I have to watch Rogue One twice

Thank you for your detailed answer. That’s great.In fact, I wanted to watch the Star Wars series because at a cosplay party, I saw other people cosplay Kylo Ren,it’s cool.!Just like this one.So I decided to see the Star Wars series movies.And buy a cosplay costume for my birthday partynext year.hahaha…
image|442x591