millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What happened to Stephen Platt?

I know this is a little out of the blue but I was going through old Wizards and it just occurred to me that he kinda disappeared from comics. I looked him up & it looks like he did 2 variant covers this year but other then that there was a good few years of nothing.
Just wondering if he took a break or was his style too '90s? Is it like when you’re a child star & can’t get a gig cause you’re that kid. Is he that Prophet & Crypt cover artist?

1 Like

Went into films. Apparently couldn’t keep his deadlines. That’s from Liefeld’s camp though so who knows what the real story was.

2 Likes

To add, a quick google shows Rob Liefeld says he’s a loon, won’t let Image print the final chapter of his creator owned title and went off to be a stand-up comic, but failed.

2 Likes

Some info here: http://comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=5787

1 Like

I could’ve sworn I heard rumblings earlier this year that he was to be the new Wonder Woman artist, but I haven’t heard anything since.

1 Like

Don’t they dare swap Nicola Scott for anyone.

3 Likes

He changed his name to Frank Quitely. Or something…

3 Likes

I had no idea he was British.

1 Like

He’s been a storyboard artist, including for the first Thor film.

I loved his work, but his career trajectory was unprecedented - it’d be tough for anyone to deal with the hype and acclaim and attention that he experienced.

Good times though.

#iLoveThe90s

Yeah, the best part about the 90s is that they are over.

3 Likes

I would have said Kurt Cobain, but let’s go with your answer instead.

He’s also… expired.

The best comics, the best music, great TV, and great movies.

The 90s rule - other decades?

They drool.

2 Likes

That’s unfair. The best music was present during the 90s, but that’s only because it was invented in the 60s and 70s!!

2 Likes