millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What Are You Watching? Infinite Season

I’ve seen Delicatessen though I think I was I little too young to really understand and get it properly.

Sigourney Weaver seems to be in Doc Martin :open_mouth:

Yes: that was actual Sigourney Weaver in actual Doc Martin. In fact, as she explained to Radio Times earlier this year, she put the filming of Avatar on hold so she could cameo in the ITV drama.

:open_mouth:

Some company called Encore + has put a load of Canadian TV on Youtube for free: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH9jfFz0VzO-sqfh_TLVT7A

Includes the first season of the excellent Slings and Arrows, which I don’t think ever aired over here:

Oo, Da Vinci’s Inquest. And Are You Afraid Of The Dark!

I’m on a Cronenberg kick right now. Over the last few days I’ve watched Videodrome (my favorite by him) and Rabid (first time watching it–not amazing, but I enjoyed it).

I’m about to start Dead Ringers. Never seen it before. Maybe soon I’ll finally work up the nerve to watch The Fly. I hate bugs, but I saw the seven stages of Goldblum’s transformation on Wikipedia and they didn’t look that bad…

The Fly is so, so, so good. One of the best 80s SF/Horror movies.

Also, check out Cronenberg’s novel, Consumed. It’s an interesting mix between his 80s work, and those weird sex dramas he did in the 90s like Crash and M. Butterfly - but it came out well into his current crime and drama kick.

Yeah, and there’s one called Scanners

I really liked Dead Ringers, although it’s a bit too slow. Jeremy Irons is fantastic in a dual role as twin gynecologists. I love the scene where the two brothers are dancing with the woman between them, trying to get to each other through her. Creepy but thought-provoking stuff. I think it’s about men using women as objects to better understand themselves. The brothers have a shared self and can only merge/become more whole through their shared sexual exploits. In their weird dynamic, the sex either one has isn’t complete until they’re back at their apartment to tell each other every detail. The women in their lives are nothing more to them than conduits.

I just heard about that book a couple days ago and added it to my list because it sounded like a bit of a return to body horror for him. I don’t know when I’ll get around to it but I’m looking forward to it.

That’s actually the first Cronenberg movie I saw. I was in elementary or middle school and saw the end of it on TV. I think the head-exploding part was edited out but not all of the weird pulsing forehead stuff. It freaked me out. I didn’t see the whole thing until years later in college.

Dead Ringers is based on a real set of twin brothers, who’s story is pretty much as crazy as the film.

The Fly is probably one of the best horror films ever made. I certainly consider it Cronenberg’s best film.

Jeremy Irons is awesome in Dead Ringers. But yeah, The Fly is pretty great. Haven’t seen it in years, but it’s one of the few horror films that gave me the genuine creeps growing up.

Fantastic score too.

What, no mention of Naked Lunch?

Videodrome’s my favourite as well, but Naked Lunch is a close second.

Just finished last year’s season of The Walking Dead.

I don’t know if anyone but me is still watching this, but it is still quality TV. The dead are, at this point, kind of a bore even to the hardcore Romero fan, but the post-apocalyptic aspects of the show work as well as ever. The Kingdom was great, Negan was great, plenty of the characters got a chance to shine, and it was a satisfying finale.

I’ll tune in again next time to see how the war turns out.

Watched Legend, the Tom Cruise one.

Tim Curry is great in the third act, and almost makes up the rest of the movie being awful.

Naked Lunch is amazing. Of the ones I’ve seen, my ranking is: Videodrome, Eastern Promises, Naked Lunch, Cosmopolis, A History of Violence, The Brood, Crash, Dead Ringers, Scanners, The Dead Zone, Rabid, eXistenz, and Shivers.

The most interesting thing about this movie is the fact that it is written by Scott Lobdell.
I had to do a double-take when his name came up in the credits.

Wow. Didn’t catch that. It’s not a bad flick at all

His current Red Hood is rather good.

Starting The Fly. Only a few minutes in but I’m already a big fan of Geena Davis and Jeff Goldblum’s hair. :smile: