millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What Are You Watching? Infinite Season

I just saw Run Lola Run for the first time, and found it to be really good. This movie has such style! Not to mention a sense of humour, and the smarts to take its hook, that core concept of Lola having to get the money in twenty minutes in order to save her boyfriend’s life, to stretch that as far as it can go, then to call time and roll credits. It’s a little over eighty minutes, and there’s no fat here.
My only disappointment is that it took me this long to get around to seeing it.

Love that film. Have you seen Le Haine? It’s another foreign film from around the same time I would recommend. Very stylized, uses soundtrack really well too (albeit nowhere near as much as Run Lola Run).

Just finished GLOW, and I really, really liked it. The final scenes almost brought tiny tears of joy to my eyes, multiple times. Awesome.

It’s seriously been one of my favorite things on Netflix.

Netflix has created a lot of good stuff, so I don’t know if I can go that far (depending on how much you’re including in your favorite things on Netflix), but it’s definitely up there. There’s seriously nothing I can complain about in the execution of the show, and I look forward to seeing more whenever it comes out.

Instant Later Second Thoughts: It does seem like something that could have only come out on Netflix. I think Netflix is absurdly ambitious these days, but they’ve definitely taken the wheel from HBO in pushing TV forward, and I love that there is a platform for stories like this.

The title sounds familiar, but I just looked it up and really didn’t know anything beyond that.
Does Vincent Cassel play an asshole by any chance? :wink:

After watching GLOW, I so want Marc Maron to play Stan Lee in a biopic.

But then he’d have to be cheerful and happy… not really his bag, eh?

But of course. I believe it’s the role he got noticed in for doing exactly that. :grinning:

It’s a fantastic film.

Lucifer Season 3 Ep 1

Wow, this managed to take all the crap of the last 5-10mins of the S2 finale and spin it into almost gold. New plots, new mysteries, but all based on what has come before.

Excellent.

It’s worth watching the documentary about the real GLOW that Netflix has too. Some interesting stories in there.

I saw the premise of lucifer, which was a bit too far away from Carey’s comic for me to try - plus the actor looked a bit smarmy.

Is it worth giving a go Ben.

Basically I’m not desperate for something to watch, so only really if it’s something well worth a watch.

It’s a fantastic movie, and blew into the German cinematic scene out of nowhere.

It’s interesting, Tykwer has never done anything quite like that after; he’s mostly more interested in slower pacing. His next movie was the extremely slow and meditative “Der Krieger und die Kaiserin” (also a very good movie, in its own way).

Wolf Of Wall Street…infinitely rewatchable.

Do you mean you watched first ep and it didn’t work or just the idea of Lucifer helping a cop solve crimes? Because as a concept on its own, it sounds absolutely dire but I was pleasantly surprised by the first episode. It’s wholly different to the comic but the essence of Lucifer as a character it succeeds on.

It’s not going to set your world alight, it’s not earth-shakingly brilliant but it’s solidly entertaining.

The concept itself yeah and the idea of turning it into a procedural

Watch the first ep - for me it really defied expectation positively.

If it doesn’t work for you, then it ain’t for you, but give it a chance. I really like how Ellis plays Luci.

I have watched only a couple of episodes and it was pretty good. If I had more time, I would probably watch it regularly. Tom Ellis is quite good in the role.

I watched the three part Gunpowder series on the iPlayer. It’s very slow and plodding. I was a bit bored by the whole thing really. And throwing Kit Harington in there was more of a distraction than anything else.

I would’ve liked to have seen an alternate reality series, where the Gunpowder plot is actually successful. Just go full Inglorious Bastards with it.

I’ll second this. I couldn’t see how it would possibly work, but it does. Ellis hits a nice balance as a likeable/unlikeable and naive/worldly protagonist, and somehow gets away with being a complete arse but still watchable :wink: