millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What are you watching? 2019 edition

Maybe I’d get on better on Babel, but Syriana didn’t draw me in, or Sandie - there were too many times when we both were going ‘where is this going and why should we care?’

Everything that wasn’t really about the music especially when they were trying to be weirdly coy about him being gay. The way they played up his at moments cruel relationship to his girlfriend/fiancee/gal pal. The bookending of his family who were at the beginning of the film and then just kind of disappeared until the end. All with that weird, smirking Northern Irish asshole skulking in the background. I know nothing of the real people involved. So this is all impressions from the film.

Now the stuff about the music…that was great.

Redundant.

I liked the movie but I think that has more to do with the music and performances than the actual movie itself.
Seems like The Usual Suspects is the only movie Singer’s done that I feel is any good.

No feels for the X-Men movies? I like X2 still, throughout the years…

10 Undeniable Facts About the Michael Jackson Sexual-Abuse Allegations

I don’t plan on watching this documentary but it sure seems to be getting a lot of traction.

No love for X2? I thought it was a just about perfect X-Men film.

Nope. I liked the first one when it came out but I think that’s more to really wanting to see the X-Men on screen. Repeated viewings don’t hold up for me and I don’t recall the second one too much. Don’t care enough to go back and re-watch.

I was going to say that reminded me of @Jim but thought that was redundant.

I’ll make both of you redundant.

I really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, I’ve watched it 4 times over the last month. No criticism from me. I’m excited to see if Rocketman can live up to the same standard.

Really? It didn’t drag between the music elements for you?

I am looking forward to Rocketman.

Not in the least. Rami was great in all times on screen. I appreciated the job they did coyly exploring his rock and roll lifestyle, the loneliness and isolation he felt and how the songs he sang often reflected his own life path. The scenes with his wife were quite lovely and tender.

Just watched the first episode of Fleabag series 2.

After a few opening minutes where I wasn’t sure it was going to recapture the magic of the first series, it found its groove and the episode played out like a fantastic little single-act play, with some great twists and fantastically dark comedic moments (and they are dark at times).

So well written, and with a great cast (including Andrew Scott joining the show this episode - and I already like him more here than in anything else I’ve seen him in). Can’t wait for next week.

I never heard about 4, 5 and 6. That is pretty suspicious.

He could have done it. The trial was a joke though, the verdict was correct I think.

#4 is pretty damning. There’s literally no situation where he should have that knowledge.

Eh… those allegations honestly make the parents look a lot worse than MJ… I mean, IF true, sure MJ was sick in the head… what’s the parents’ excuse?

This Time With Alan Partridge, episode 2: not quite as good as the first one, but still lots of fun. I liked the way the power dynamics played out and the final twist worked well.

Money.

I was going to write the exact same thing.

Jackson is getting pulled off UK radio channels now, though I think I’ve said here before that for an artist of his popularity it was strange that he wasn’t heard much anyway on radio or TV. As I’ve also said here before I’m pretty sure his record company has known about all that stuff for at least ten years and let his work sit in the background rather than push it and draw attention.

I watched The Crimes of Grindesomething yesterday, and I just got two questions:

What the fuck was that all about?

and: Who the hell edited that movie? That’s some of the worst editing I’ve seen since the SW prequels… =/

If you want your second point to fade into irrelevancy, go watch Bohemian Rhapsody. This year’s recipient of the Academy Award for Best Editing.