millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What are you watching? 2018 edition

leave it out in the air too long

Baseball and Black Lightning. I only just now caught up with Thor: Ragnarok, which I loved.

‘Lost in Space’ isn’t grabbing me so far. I’m not a big fan of the flashback set up or the squabbling. If you’re going to have characters argue they better be saying good/clever/funny/dramatic lines doing it. They’re not.

It looks nice though, the trailers didn’t lie.

EDIT:
Favourite biscuits;

I’m still enjoying it enough with Parker Posey and Robot, but the Don/Judy stuff is so weird. So weird.

Two episodes into Lost in Space and it’s utterly predictable, but not necessarily in a bad way. It’s really about what the characters do and interact under pressure, and that side of it has been pretty good so far.

I’m halfway in and there’s really been stuff I’ve grown to dislike. But the strengths are good enough to carry inbetween each other.

So long as Penny continues to snark her way through the show I’m good.

Oh, yeah, if you like Penny (who I find bland) she’s still pretty consistent so far.

I’m just wondering why they didn’t cast someone younger for Don, some of these scenes are weird with how young Judy is in this version in comparison.

I think they decided to cast someone who was similar enough to Mark Goddard but still a little bit different.

Also, I did laugh when Bill Mumy showed up as OG Dr. Smith at the end of episode 1.

Cast an older Judy then. Cause you’ll see what I mean hahah.

And I liked Bill Mumy’s cameo as well. I wonder if those were his actual family pics in the album. His daughter and him do like to connect character, a la their sequel to his Twilight Zone episode for the 00’s reboot.

The dinner party episode of the US Office, which is probably the best episode.

Really good biscuits should be served with gravy. Last weekend, I had a biscuit bigger than my fist. It was delicious.

Thank god, someone sane

10 episodes into season one of Bojack Horseman (a rewatch for the wife, one of her favourite recent shows). It’s fine, not really laugh out loud though.

Lost in Space episode 6 - the Dublin accent on one of the colonists feels amazingly out of place. I was expecting him to yell at someone to cop on or say what are you like or call the Robot a dirtbird.

We watched the original Jumanji this morning. It holds up really well, much better than I expected (I haven’t seen it since the cinema when it first came out). The kids really enjoyed it.

It has a nice timeless quality, a fun sense of adventure and silliness, some decent scares for young children, and it doesn’t outstay its welcome.

I haven’t seen the new one yet but the kids watched the trailer and like the look of it.

You sound like someone who was refused entry to the “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit” club.

The only way you’re leaving that club is in a box. A large, rotund box.

It’s very much a dramedy. While humorous, the handling of serious subject matter it deals with exceeds most live action dramas. It strikes a good balance of absurd and serious.

Watched it with the family last week, the kids enjoyed a lot and laughed although there was a slightly uncomfortable question with the 7 year old about an erection joke. He then asked “is it about poo?” and I said ‘yes’ and the moment passed. :smile:

(Oh and I enjoyed it too, not quite sure why it was such a massive hit but it’s a fun way to pass the time, most of the jokes land and the plot is fun).

‘The Toys That Made Us’, on Netflix. I’m sure it’s been mentioned here before, and it’s good fun.