millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What are you watching? 2018 edition

Fuck sake.

You know that feeling when you can’t think of a comeback but you just know it’ll pop into your head as soon as you pull your coffin closed…

Yes it is. I’m not trying “win” anything than counterpoint the ridiculous amount of nonsensical bile you’re spewing about a kids’ cartoon (that you haven’t even watched!) and acting like you’re on an artistic high ground for it. Your “objective” standards are completely subjective: “bad designs” and “horrible drawings” are not quantifiable assessments, they’re just your personal preference. South Park has “horrible drawings” but that hasn’t impeded it any or stopped it creating some truly immersive and impressive pieces of animation.
A high frame rate doesn’t make for an instantly better product, as the She-Ra episode Parker posted shows - silky smooth animation rotoscoped to an inch of its life throughout, yet still somehow found dull and stiffly acted by most of us here and no character to its cast.

By your “objective” standards, this would be considered terrible:

Yeah… listen, I wouldn’t call myself an “expert” 'cause I’m not that pretentious… however, I did study visual arts and graphic design, and it’s what I do for a living… you on the other hand, don’t seem to have a clue of you’re talking about…

So excuse me if I roll my eyes while you try to “educate” me about subjectiveness and personal preferece… :roll_eyes:

Anyways, as I said, this conversation with you is rather pointless… so, sure, believe whatever you want, I’m done here.

She-Ra is worse than Batman vs Superman but not as bad as Prometheus.

But how does it compare to Star Wars: Rogue One?!?

It’s not as bad as The Last Jedi.

Yeah, I do think it’s a different strokes for different folks kind of thing. I’m a sci-fi nerd, so I would like him to go another step into that direction, but I expect that’d make another part of his audience less happy.

I’m a sci-fi nerd too. :wink:

Oh yeah? Prove it!

I present my post history as proof. You’re welcome to review at your leisure. :wink:

I think it is suspect that you refer to the past as proof of being a neophile!

Well, he is kind of hot, especially when he puts on those leather clothes.

Depends on how you view time.

Touché! I accept your sci-fi nerdiness!

I bet he can’t even name three sci-fis.

Sophie’s Choice. This is a bad movie. I love Streep, McNicol, and Kline, but this didn’t work for me at all.

I’m sure you could do a good version of the story, but the whole structure where it’s all seen through Peter McNicol and we only get to the actual heart of the story in the third act is pretty terrible. The movie’s also far too long while doing very little to justify it.

Also, following up the titular “Choice” scene with a sex scene? Ugh.

• Cephas aka Simon Peter
  • Bocephus aka Hank Williams Jr
  • Sea fuss aka the big deal being made over the new Aquaman film

‘Overlord’

Is very silly. It works, but it’s another SyFy Channel movie made with a bigger budget than usual. It’s not any smarter and it doesn’t make any more sense.

The Nazis do some really bone-headed things, but so do the heroes. There’s no real explanation offered for most of it, they just do what the plot needs them to do.

It’s not as scary as it could be, or even as creepy, but some bits are pretty intense.

It looks very good though. The money buys a great looking location, photography and horror effects. The cast are all good as well, whatever they scenes ask of them.