millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What are you listening to?

There might be a cameo from someone we know at the end of this video

I love Joni Mitchell, and this whole album is just great. It’s always been a favourite of mine but I hadn’t dug it out for a listen in years.

I am obsessed with this song right now.

How does it feel when you’ve been playing since you were a little kid, are just now making waves, and take receipt of a brand-new custom guitar you designed for your own self? How happy would you be? This happy?

…charlatans, bandits, pirates, racketeers, kidnappers and termites that would undermine with their greed one of the finest, noblest and truest movements and celebrations.
-Anna Jarvis, Founder of Mother’s Day, on what the Holiday had become.

Pirates, eh? MOTHER’S DAY SONG:

:wink:

I nearly missed the anniversary :open_mouth:

Exactly fifty years ago, Deep Purple went into a studio and spent one weekend recording their debut album. So no prizes for guess what I’m listening to today…

That new NIN song has lead Laura and I down an industrial/EBM/electronica hole this evening. most recent stop:

This morning’s mp3 player A-Z…

3am Generation by Gina Dootson - aggressive guitar and snarly vocals. Great when you’re in the right mood for that.

A Tale of a Lonely World by Marjana Semkina - needs to be listened to when you’re by yourself in a dark room, not on a sunny May morning.

Absynthe by Ross Ainsley & Jarlath Henderson - duet for low whistles.

After the Rain by Karnataka - excellent melodic rock by the band that was never quite Mostly Autumn.

Alle Psallite Cum Luya by The Emily Askew Band - mediaeval dance music is the best dance music.

Amors M’Art by the Emily Askew Band - mediaeval French again, this time a more downbeat song. Probably about courtly love or something, I don’t know, I failed French.

You know how a good video can make a bad song seem better?

Here’s an example of the opposite. Love the song, but I can’t watch the video, it actually makes me feel uncomfortable because of all the flickering effects.

Rick Wakeman is 69 today. You’ve probably never heard the majority of his music (he’s recorded well over 50 albums) but here’s one of his early things you might be familar with:

And here are a few more things…

It’s international Goth day.