millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What are you listening to?

Siamese Dreams, the album Cherub Rock comes from, is easily in my top 5 albums of all time. It’s a Butch Vig masterpiece.

Edit: Evidently, the song is about “Corgan’s relationship with his perception of the indie rock community and larger media”.

Orbital mixing Madonna!!
I never knew.

Smiley Smile by the Beach Boys. Must be one of my all time favorite popular music albums.

I came in to post pretty much the exact same thing!!!

Something remarkable happened to Black Sabbath in 1980. After eight albums with a front-man who couldn’t sing, they replaced him with one who could and made the best album of their career:

Interesting - a far more polished singer, Dio. it’s less rock ‘n’ roll though, isn’t it?

From the album’s Wiki page:

In an interview with Songfacts, former Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society dismisses the idea of the Dio-era being authentic Sabbath: “You listen to Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio in it, and it’s not Black Sabbath. They should have just called it Heaven & Hell right from the beginning. Because you listen to that Heaven and Hell album, that doesn’t sound anything close to Black Sabbath. I mean, that sounds about as much like Black Sabbath as Blizzard of Ozz sounds like Black Sabbath. If you were to play Black Sabbath for me – and I’m a huge Sabbath freako – and then with Father Dio over there, I’d be going, ‘Oh, cool, what band is this? This is good stuff.’ I mean, the songs don’t even sound Black Sabbath-y. I mean, ‘Neon Knights’, could you picture Ozzy singing over that song?”

I think that’s a perfectly valid criticism.

I still think it’s musically the best “Black Sabbath” (inverted commas) album though :slight_smile:

Something light for a Sunday evening.

Just a good ol’ livestream of tunes to zone out to.

Florence and the Machine…

She has a great voice

Emily Portman writes the most haunting songs I’ve heard:

(Also, I was at that gig :slight_smile: )

I thought this was traditional, but it seems like she wrote it too. It’s always the last song of a gig:

I’ve been trying to figure out where I heard the 2Pac song in the second trailer for Pacific Rim 2. There was a distinct musical line I kept hearing in my head too.

I finally found it.

Am I wrong 'cause I wanna get it on till I die?

Ok, i don´t have an excuse for this

No excuse needed!

Sorry, must post. Biological imperative.