Comics Creators

What are you listening to?

I love the Manic Street Preachers, but I’m surprised at how much I still enjoy the sole solo album from guitarist/vocalist James Dean Bradfield - here’s the lead single from over a decade ago; That’s no way to tell a lie:

None of the anger of most Manics’ albums - lots of sha-la-las and handclaps.

For @anders and @Lorcan_Nagle:

The only drum beat you will ever need to learn:

Completely true :laughing:

There are so many downsides to festivals that I can’t imagine any (realistic) combination of circumstances that would get me to another one. The last one I went to was in 2010, due to a basically unmissable bill the like of which we will never see again.

My wife will go to some on occasion but she usually wants to see only a couple of the bands. She goes for them then leaves.

It’s a while since I’ve had a New Music Monday ™, but today I have been mostly listening to Wild Hog (2016), the second album from the Furrow Collective. Like the first, it’s all traditional folk songs but with four singers/multi-instrumentalists in the band they always come up with unique and interesting arrangements:

I’ve never really listened to a lot of Kate Bush before. I knew Utah Saints had sampled this track but it was really cool to hear the sample in its original context and how different it was.

Any heavy metal fans on the board? You might be interested to hear the first ever recording by Ronnie James Dio…

Before East coast/West coast, here’s the John Lennon diss track against poor old Macca - “How do you sleep?”:

You live with straights who tell you, you was king
Jump when your momma tell you anything
The only thing you done was yesterday
And since you’re gone you’re just another day

A pretty face may last a year or two
But pretty soon they’ll see what you can do
The sound you make is muzak to my ears
You must have learned something in all those years

Kate Bush is awesome. She is an astonishingly original singer songwriter, even Johnny Rotten and Tricky are impressed by her Elton John, Tori Amos, Neil Gaiman. The first female songwriter to ever get number one in the UK at the age of 16.

For @anders and @Lorcan_Nagle:

Is Todd the greatest insect-poster or whaaaaat?