millarworld.tv Comics Creators

What are you listening to?

Foo Fighters new track doesn’t disappoint.

Saturday morning record selection.

Takes me back. Different world, different life then.

Worked through the Sgt. Peppers remix. There was an emergency episode of the “Screw it, we’re just gonna talk about the Beatles” podcast about the release, and I listened to the first 20 minutes or so. The differences are certainly noticeable. Is it “better”? I think so.

I saw them in a small club in St. Louis just as they were starting to blow up and before they recorded this album. Travis Barker had just started touring with them.

I prefer Dude Ranch - and stand by it as an album.

Me too. It’s what they were touring on when I saw them and still my favorite from them. The latest one, California, is probably second.

The recording quality for Buddha and Cheshire Cat just aren’t there yet. Enema of the State and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket are OK. I never really bothered with their self titled or Neighborhoods. I actually prefer their side project (without Tom DeLonge), +44, to just about everything after Dude Ranch and before California. It’s probably the reason why I wasn’t heartbroken to see him go.

[quote=“Andrew, post:2454, topic:178”]
Worked through the Sgt. Peppers remix. There was an emergency episode of the “Screw it, we’re just gonna talk about the Beatles” podcast about the release, and I listened to the first 20 minutes or so. The differences are certainly noticeable. Is it “better”? I think so.
[/quote]There’s a new “all Beatles” channel on SiriusXM, and last night they ran a documentary about the making of the Sgt Pepper’s album. It was fascinating listening to George Martin talking about how they created the chaotic calliope sounds for “Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite”. At the time he and engineer Mal Evans collected tapes of various pieces of steam organ music, cut them into short pieces, threw them in the air, picked the pieces off the floor at random and spliced them together to create the background sounds on the song.

Exactly how Kanye would do it, I imagine. :slight_smile:

It’s Saturday and it’s rainin’ down in Texas …

yeah, deal with it.

Holy shit…this takes me back.

Not to mention he’s friggin nuts…

As for me, currently listening to:

You mean you don’t believe he has a special contact that is feeding him the truth about what the government knows about aliens? :alien:

And to think back in the day, when I was in middle school, we thought the song “Aliens Exist” was just a joke :confused:

That’s what I think every time I listen to that song now.

I Almost fogott about that AWESOME Darkness song.
(Except when i see Bridgett Jones, of course)

By the way.

Yeah you know why…

Pirate radio, that is.

I`m listening to this in an infinite loop…

I regreat nothing!