millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Welcome to Millarworld - Now Introduce Yourself!

I’m there!

Thank you so much Jake!

Name: Chris
Fave Comics Current: Rebirth Superman titles, Ms. Marvel, Jupiter’s Legacy, Empress, Trees, Injection, Saga
Fave Comics Ever: All-Star Superman, DKR, Watchmen, Planetary, Transmetropolitan, Preacher, Shade the Changing Man, Post-Crisis Superman titles
Fave movies: Sense and Sensibility, That Thing You Do, Galaxy Quest, Josie and the Pussycats, The Beastmaster, Crossroads (the Ralph Macchio one, not the Britney Spears one)
Secret Crush: Rafael from “Jane the Virgin”, but also Jane’s mom Xiomara, so that would be an awkward threesome (I’m currently binge-watching the show, if you hadn’t figured that out)
How you would like to die: On my 100th birthday, fighting 10 ninjas atop a moving train
The last time you punched someone: Last day of 6th grade, at recess, in a white-hot rage
Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? I could be trusted to wield it, probably, but I don’t think I could be trusted not to lose it
What brought you to Millarworld? I’m not gonna lie, I want to submit to the 2017 annual

Welcome, Chris. Put your feet up and relax. :slight_smile:

I’m really digging these too. I look forward to them every week.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Brand new INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Thanks for the shout out @13_aivan. I’m sure you’ll love the forum.

I’ll be starting a thread about our upcoming collaboration later this week.

Cheers,

Stuart

I would absolutely love to.

We have a discussion thread for Star Trek in all of it’s multifarious forms. If that’s something that you’re into, please join in.

And welcome to Millarworld Cesare :smile:

That’s a little bit specific, but we’ll see what we can do :wink: (I’m kidding)

Welcome to Millarworld George…What part of Ireland to you hail from?

I’d also very much like to read your Star Trek comic @cesare2016. Welcome to the forums.

Hey there all!

My Intro

Cue theme music, “I’m Not Okay” My Chemical Romance

Name Joe Thompson
Age 41
Country USA
Fave Comics Current: Tie; Uncanny Avengers and Civil War 2
Fave Comics Ever: Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee’s Inhuman mini series.
Fave movies: Holy linoleum…Star Wars Saga, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spirited Away, The Iron Giant, Red 2, Now You See Me, Kick-Ass, The Neverending Story, The Goonies, Akira, The Matrix, Deadpool, LotR Saga, Wreck it Ralph, The Hangover…okay too many to name.

Secret Crush: Eliza Dukshu

How you would like to die: Saving the world from an imminent and impossible threat.

The last time you punched someone: Last week…myself…in the face…on accident.

Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? Define trust. Trusted not to abuse it? Heh…suuuuuure…I could outdo Guy Gardner I’m fairly certain.

What brought you to Millarworld:

Really psyched for the talent search. Been drawing comics most of my life. Looking for a break into the industry. It’s worth a shot!

Dublin, just outside Dublin, actually - the seaside town of Bray

I know it well.

I live in Celbridge myself.

Name - Ryan Ferrier
Age - 34
Country - Canada
Fave Comics Current - 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank, Southern Bastards
Fave Comics Ever - Anything created by Jason (Fantagraphics), Blacksad, All-Star Superman
Fave movies - Suspiria, Jaws, The Thing
Secret Crush - Crossfit Caesar in the new Planet of the Apes?
How you would like to die - with a clean internet browsing history
The last time you punched someone - Age 21, during a particularly tense game of RISK
Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? - I can’t be trusted to floss twice a day
What brought you to Millarworld? - I am a hermit so this seemed like a logical decision

Name - Alex Thompson

Country - USA

Fave Comics Current - So many… The Vision, Nighthawk, Bloodshot, Generation Zero, Power Man & Iron Fist, Powe Lines, Horizon, Deathstroke, The Flash, Miles Morales, Nightwing, 90% of what Image puts out

Fave Comics Ever - Again, so many… Locke & Key, Saga, Ultimate Spider-Man, Supreme Power, Strangers in Paradise, The Maxx

Fave movies - Again, we’ll be here forever… Alien, Aliens, John Carpenter’s The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Evil Dead (original & reboot) // Ex Machina, Fury Road, Winter Soldier,

Secret Crush - Probably not so secret, but… Sanaa Lathan, Priyanka Chopra, Scarlett Johansson, Nicole Beharie, Charlize Theron, Cassandra Peterson/Elvira, Morena Baccarin, Jessica Lucas, Emily Browning

How you would like to die - Peacefully asleep

The last time you punched someone - Sparring about 6-ish years ago?

Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? - Of course!

Get to the back of the line, young’un! No, back further.

Back.

Back. Back! BACK!

Yes, that is indeedy a cliff.

Stand right there.

Come along, Cassie my dear. Ignore the bad man.

Clearly I need to watch those movies. :thinking:
Welcome to the boards, Ryan.

Welcome, Alex.

How is Miles doing these days? I’ve only read his first series so far, but I’ll catch up.
Is the book good? So far I seem to like the character more than the stories that he’s in.

They’re nowhere near the originals, but surprisingly decent.
Thanks, glad to be here!

But - Did you win the game?