millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Wednesday Fan Chat #18 - Adam Hughes

It’s time for another great Millarworld Fan Chat. This time we will be welcoming artist Adam Hughes for the next in our hour long AMA sessions. Adam has been a well known name in comics for some time now particularly with his amazing cover work. My wife is picky about her comic art but counts his Wonder Woman covers as some of the best. Please feel free to post any questions you might have in this thread ahead of time but only questions as all other posts will be deleted. Thank you.

If you could illustrate the biography on any historical figure, who would it be?

Also, what is your favorite Kurt Russell movie?

Hi Adam, what’s the latest on the abandoned All-Star Wonder Woman project from years ago? I heard a while back that it might end up being completed and released at some point. It would be a shame to never see all that work published.

Hello Sir, have you consider doing an OGN that gives you more time to draw and with more deadline freedom?

Please excuse our Todd for stealing @KandorLives’ stock question! (But we do want to know!)

Adam - Always enjoy your work! You’re known for your women (like Vargas, who was not as … versatile … as you). Who’s your favorite male figure to draw? And what’s up next? When are you working with Mark? (Don’t worry, he’s told us all about it!!!)

Last, I think you’d be great on an Elric of Melniboné! Total anti-Tolkien fantasy. Would something like this be attractive to you as a GN or the like?

You all know me. Know how I earn a livin’.

I’d love to do an illustrated bio of Audrey Hepburn!

And my favorite Kurt Russell film is BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA!

Welcome to Millarworld, Adam. Hope you enjoy the fan chat.

It’s completely dead.

Hello and thank you!
Am I doing it correctly?

Yes. You’re doing great. Good to have you here.

Adam, you’re one of the all time greats. What is left for you on your artwork bucket list? Any characters or books you’ve not had a chance to draw?

Yes; but I prefer doing regular issues, just with greater lead time. THEN collect into GN format!

What’s a male figure?

I’d like to do more Captain America, my favorite character! There’s so much left to do: westerns, horror, romance…

@atomhues - I enjoy your work but the even bigger compliment is that my wife enjoys it especially the covers you did for Wonder Woman. She even has the small bust that was done from your design. I’m curious, what do you have in the pipeline right now? What writer/artist would you most like to work with?

Hello Adam do you work with pin and ink or brush or is it digital these days.

Of all the covers you have done, and there are a lot of great ones, which is your personal favorite?

I’m starting to write and draw BETTY & VERONICA for ARCHIE comics. I’d love to work with Mark Millar, Dan Slott, the list is endless…!

Hello! I work in both. I draw in the real world, and then scan & color digitally.