millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Watch a video of Kingsman cover being created!

Everybody thinks Rob Doyle manipulates photos.

He doesn’t. He starts with a pencil and then paints.

Here’s a video of his doing the Eggsy variant for the new Kingsman series. He’s UNREAL!!!

That really is unreal. I saw that cover in the EW story about the new creative team and just assumed it was a photo cover—I didn’t even think twice about it.

Me too.

It’s interesting to compare it to the inspiration, you can see that it’s not a direct lift.

Very impressive.

Wow. I’d assumed the same thing.

Isn’t this the guy doing the cover for the Millarworld Annual this year? I can’t wait to see what he’s done for that.

I think the Image September solicits are out soon, it might be in that.

Looks like it was him. I’m looking forward to it.

That’s very much like how my friend Jesse Silver worked. He’s a hyperrealist painter, has had shows all around Los Angeles at the museums and such. Oh - and we’ve all seen his work. Farpoint Station, one of the first shots in the ST:TNG pilot, is one of Jesse’s mattes. Also a couple in Something Wicked This Way Comes, and he did most of the design work on Tron and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. (I used to have some signed cels of the phone booth in space.)

Rob seems to work in much the same manner. Good to be recognized! That’s a heck of a lot of work!

I’m a Jesse Silver fan! I assume it’s the same guy, did a bunch of animation backgrounds too, right? I loved his backgrounds (and test pieces) for 8 Crazy Nights.

Jesse did a ton of animation work until his own pieces started to hit. He and I and a friend saw the premiere of Raiders of the Lost Ark together. :slight_smile:

Glad to see Superior got cover billing. I really can’t wait to see that story in print. The script hit all the right buttons for me.

I feel the same about Superior like I do about Huck, More, more, more. There is something so easy about both of these characters, yet it goes deeper the more you enjoy them. I can not wait for this to come out so I can have both.