millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Video games thread - "What are you playing?"

What worthwhile games upcoming on the switch are there?

I’m not the best person to ask as I haven’t been that interested in it.

I can see myself buying a Switch - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 bundle whenever that game comes out, bit that’s all for me.

There are a fair few platformers - Yooka-Laylee looks great.
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Project Octopath Traveler
No More Heroes is rumoured.
Fire Emblem Warriors. More Dragon Quest

Snipperclips
Disgaea 5
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
I Am Setsuna
Loads of interesting indie titles.

From the sound of the reviews it seems control of your party has been reduced in ME:A as well. Stripped back to simple commands like attack or defend rather than full control of powers. If so that is a major loss, it basically turns the game into a generic third person shooter.
Well my preorder will come Thurs so I’ll let you all know.

I pre-loaded my copy from Origin last night. There’s supposedly a patch for things that cropped up during Origin Early Access. So, I’m going to get on that when I get home.

No More Heroes had better be more than just a rumour! :heart_eyes:
Although, I do still need to finish the second one. That original game was probably my favourite of that gen though.
Can we get Travis Touchdown in Smash Bros. please?

I cannot wait for Tekken. Everybody here should get it as a way to resolve Millarworld arguments.

Got 2 more towers, 2 more shrines, up to 10 hearts! And have what now looks to be two-thirds of the map.

Lake Tower was straight-forward but surrounded by Lizalfos and Bokoblins, so much arse was kicked and the tower climbed. The other tower was much higher in terms of where the platforms started so I did some serious climbing and circumnavigation, got higher than I needed to be and glided straight onto just below the tower top!

I also have got my first horse - name? This is a Zelda game so named the first horse Opona, 'tis tradition. Also duffed up 4-5 mounted Bokoblins, which turned out to be a sidequest, so went to the stable and instant reward.

I would have called it “Giant horsey pup”

It’s a horse Tim, not a puppy.

He did say horsey pup

Anyway, I just assumed that everyone did the same thing when they got to name something in a game and made it something silly and/or offensive.

“Giant horsey pup”

One of them will be You Bastard.

So I’m supposed to envisage some sick cross-bred species? O-K…

Jesus. I’m going to have nightmares about that.

I approve of this. The other go-to name is Binky.

There is a sidequest to get a rare white horse too…