millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Video Game News

I was gonna say that’s the kind of music I would’ve liked in Doom4 but then he starts soloing for 10 minutes… :smile:

Still, much better than the dubstep/djent thing they went with =P

So long as they don’t do something really stupid, like locking it behind a high hunter rank, this could easily get me back into Monster Hunter World:

Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher is coming to Monster Hunter: World next year. Unlike other crossovers for Monster Hunter : World , Capcom and CD Projekt Red’s collaboration is more than just a costume; Geralt will be a playable character, and the game will send players on “Witcher-inspired quests.”

In an announcement, CD Projekt Red said the Geralt cameo in Monster Hunter: World will “offer a unique gameplay experience blending RPG mechanics of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with Monster Hunter: World ’s game systems.” Players will get to utilize Geralt’s “signature fighting style, seamlessly blending swordplay, combat magic, and an assortment of monster hunting equipment,” CD Projekt Red said.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt crossover event will come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in “early 2019.”

Then, in about 9-10 months time, there’s a big expansion inbound - hopefully, the only requirement will be that you’ve completed the main story, if that, If they really want to sell it, I’d make it open from the start but MHW doesn’t always do that.

I hope this year’s Steam sale will be good… It’d be nice to have another great sale right now, if only to generate some hype to counter the whole Epic Store thing… Buuut probably not, all sales went to shit after they introduced the refund system… u_u

Taking a shite at work just got that little bit more less boring.

No!

Same I felt with Batman Telltale Series.

Sad Puppy, indeed.

Inside Bruce’s guts: A tiny load of turds suddenly pipes up: Let’s go!

Is that not what’s millarworld is for :slight_smile:

One of the things I’ve noticed in vid game news is a tendency towards pre-emptive panic, best demonstrated by last year’s infamous Puddle-Gate controversy. Nor has it stopped there. For all that it is tempting to deem them separate instances, I see the anti-diversity activity that has reared its head on games, comics, SF, TV to be all the same thing - many hydra heads? Sure, but it’s the same old shit.

The current freak-out is over Dragon Age 4’s diversity approach, which has, again, set the internet ablaze. Thing that gets me about that is it’s Dragon Age, diversity was part of it from the word go. If you don’t like diversity and you play Dragon Age: Inquisition, it’s probably not going to go well, why? Well, let’s see: Cassandra, Iron Bull and Dorian to name but three characters that’d give the anti-diversity bunch sky high blood pressure followed by a heart attack.

But the bigger thing here? This: How many people have played Assassin’s Creed Origins and now Odyssey? How many people are entirely at ease running around ancient Egypt as a darker skinned, middle eastern man? Or how many men are running ancient Greece as a brunette, bi-sexual mercenary? The answer is millions. Which points to, what will be for some, a very disturbing conclusion: That people’s sense of identity is not fixed in the way people like to think. Which is something to remember when the anti-crowd are hollering out across the internet, with the megaphone set to 11.

I’m guessing this is for Doom Eternal…

This one probably could have been posted in the Diversity in Modern Society thread:

News just in, but not really news anymore - EA cancels another SW game.

For a cash-hungry company like EA, their output on SW is stunning, cue the Internet:

It’s pretty absurd. They’ve put out essentially two remakes of older games and that it. Sucks because there’s so much potential with Star Wars games. Knights of the Old Republic is still one of my all time favorite games. I’m still pissed we never got a proper conclusion to that trilogy.

I’m pretty shocked that Disney hasn’t lit the fire under EA’s ass yet.

Actually… why HASN’T Disney lit a fire under EA’s ass yet?

Because they care about mobile game way more. There are tons of Star Wars, Marvel and Disney mobile games, which have micro transactions and ultimately make more money over time than most AAA games and cost far less.

I dunno, but I hope both EA and Activision will crash and burn sooner than later. Activision’s waaay ahead of the curve right now in the crashing and burning department… :smile: