millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Video Game News

A bunch of original Xbox games are getting the Xbox One backwards compatibility treatment:

Original Xbox games releasing on April 17:

Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Breakdown
Conker: Live & Reloaded
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
Panzer Dragoon Orta
SSX 3
Original Xbox games releasing on April 26:

Destroy All Humans!
Full Spectrum Warrior
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars Republic Commando

I for one am keen to play Destroy All Humans and Mercenaries again. Loved that shit!

Yeah I’m going to get in the Destroy all humans Nostalgia!

Billy Mitchell’s Donkey Kong and All Other Records Removed

After many months of researching, Twin Galaxies administration has determined the dispute made by Jeremy Young (@xelnia) to be accepted. Alongside this, all of Billy Mitchell’s scores have been removed from Twin Galaxies leaderboards.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/1047/billy-mitchells-donkey-kong-and-all-other-records-removed/4

Shenmue I & II remasters have been announced as coming to the PS4, XB1 and PC, in advance of the third game’s release.

I remember someone (Ben?) saying they’d never played it before.

This is a pretty good write-up of why the game is an important one historically, but might not hold up so well today.

Yeah, weren’t the originals Dreamcast only?

In any case, interesting news. Given the age of the originals, it’ll have to be a proper remaster job too.

Smart to do these ahead of the third game.

I think the second one got a PS2 and/or Xbox port, but I might be wrong.

Apparently the upgrade DLC cost if you own the original is going to be just £3.99/US$4.99.

Well done, Sega.

Excellent news. I’ve been playing it quite a bit recently as I’ve realised Doom isn’t really suitable viewing for a toddler but she loves Sonic.

Speaking of Doom the soundtrack is getting a physical release:

I’ll be picking up a copy. I’ve listened to it a heap on spotify but it’ll be nice to have a hands on copy.

I know I’m gonna sound like an old fart, but I really prefer the very first Doom’s OST… This one was waaaay too overhyped for what it really is… u_u

It is brilliant for the pure nostalgia factor…

While the most recent one is brilliant for the scope and ambition. As Mick Gordon said it is reminiscent of a concept album.

Ended up rewatching the talk Mick Gordon gave on the soundtrack.

I love the use of the original Doom chainsaw sound!!!

I’m more partial to this version of the OG DooM Sound track… =P

E1M8 is particularly haunting and epic (towards 23.20)

Also, no it’s not only for nostalgia’s sake… it’s a good bunch of songs, they fit very well the vibe… I’m not as much a fan of DooM2’s though, even if there’s a lot of people who prefer that one.

The thing that I didn’t like about Mick Gray’s one is that there’s no discernible melody, they all kind of blend together and they all sound very same-y… it’s all a weird fusion of D-jent and dubstep…

But speaking of old soundtracks… The Streets of Rage ones still remain some of the best soundtracks in gaming…

The SoR soundtracks were amazingly ahead of their time. I heard modern pop music today that often reminds me of elements from those games.

New Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer: