millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Video Game News

Well I don’t see the joy in pre-cut, pre-plied, pre-painted carton toys… they might as well just sell them all done.

Maybe it’s the old-fart within me talking, but I used to do that shit the right way… scavenge trash bins for carton & styrofoam packagings, and do all that crap myself :smile:

I now imagine you as a kid building your own emojis from old egg cartons and waving them around whilst talking

Why would I do that? :thinking:

They’re not pre-painted.

This is nuts and brilliant in equal measure:

Why wouldn’t Capcom do this?

There’s a new Nintendo Direct tonight (10pm UK time) that will be looking at various Switch and 3DS games due out this year. The only one mentioned by name is Mario Tennis Ace, for which a Japanese release date (22nd June) has leaked already.

Quite a lot of news in that Nintendo Direct. Mostly all ports, but ports of good games, so that’s no bad thing. Summary:

• Luigi’s Mansion ported to 3DS
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story being remade for 3DS (Superstar Saga must have done well given that only came out last October and this one is due this summer)
  • Dark Souls on Switch, with a praise the sun Amiibo
  • That crazy Sushi game thing is going to be on Switch as well as 3DS
  • Free online test for the upcoming Mario Tennis Ace Switch game.
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker being ported to 3DS and Switch
  • Undertale on Switch
  • Okami on Switch
  • Crash Bandicoot Trilogy on Switch
  • South Park: Fractured But Whole on Switch
  • Splatoon 2 DLC
  • Octopath Traveler is out in July (sooner than I expected)
  • And finally, a tease for Super Smash Bros on Switch, out this year (so probably an enhanced port of the Wii U version) with Splatoon Inklings added in.

I’m excited to see the trailer and get the real reveal but this is exciting enough for now.

There’s going to be a Blacksad adventure game! Blacksad!

Unfortunately, it’s by Pendulo Studios, who are somewhat thuddingly mediocre. Hopefully they can rise to meet the source material.

Milking it a bit, and it doesn’t look like this really adds that much, but at least the extra content is going to be available as DLC for people who already bought the digital version on its original release. Hopefully it won’t be too expensive.

Still, tempting to buy a physical copy. But probably not tempting enough to pay full-price for a game I essentially already own.

Only just saw this.

Some absolute gems in there, as well as one or two stinkers.

Bit weird than Sonic 3 and S&K are completely absent - they were in previous similar collections.

Ok. I am actually aroused with excitement over this.

Just having Alien Soldier and Gunstar Heroes on my current system is probably enough to get me to buy it. But having stuff like Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage II, Toejam & Earl, Dynamite Headdy and Decap Attack back in rotation is going to be tons of fun.

That’s quite a hitlist of games.

Is going to do the Crash Bandicoot ‘this is harder than I remember’ effect x10.

Yeah that game is hard to the point of not being worth it in 2018. I think it was designed to eat quarters.

They stuck Revenge of Shinobi in arcades !? Oh ye gods, it’d be a gorged cash cow.

Wow, I haven’t thought about Shadow Dancer in a million years, that was the one where you had a dog you could set on people?

huh I should look for my ROMs, they should still be somewhere… Anyways, I bought some of those games on Steam and the complete pack is regularly on sale as well…, I think it’s the same pack… I recently saw it in a bundle site, for quite cheap. Some of those games are absolute gems.

Edit: Oh, and also, if you’re a fan of Toejam & Earl, there’s a pretty nifty remake in the works:

I don’t think I ever actually finished it without the infinite-shurikens cheat.

I hadn’t heard about that. Looks pretty good.