millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Video Game News

Probably get that when it hits £11.49 a la Wonderkid: Dragon’s Trap.

For £15.99 I’m happy to stump up for it on release I think. It should be a fun little game for the summer.

Oh it looks fun, but I’m the Dealer, I’ve got a reputation to uphold.

Well that’s true. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m the same. I very rarely buy games on the day of release but I’m more than happy to spend a few quid extra to get this ASAP.

Ready and waiting!

At 0.01am, 15 August - Bruce is sure the kid’s awake… At least, that’s his story and he’s sticking to it.

That, or it might be “You have a lie in love, I’ll get up early this morning”!!!

I’ve pre-ordered mine too. The clock is ticking…

You then get busted due to playing with the sound on, but the soundtrack is so very good.

Reviews are in for Sonic Mania and they’re good. Really good.

I can’t play this until Thursday but I’m incredibly excited about this now.

I know there’ll be a slew of ‘big’ games out in Oct/Nov just in time to hit the Xmas season but August feels like Xmas has come early on the games front, as there is, this month:

• Sonic Mania
  • Agents of Mayhem
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Yakuza: Kiwami
  • Redout

It’s a hell of a set of games.

I preordered Uncharted. It is I believe $32 on Amazon if you have Prime and comes with a new remaster of the first Jak and Daxter game (which I am interested in).

Same. I’ve managed to get it for £17.99 on Amazon UK, so even if it’s a fairly brief affair it should be worth that (based on how good Uncharted 4 was). Game length as an indicator of value is a bit overrated anyway I think.

I’m glad that you think that way, considering:

Sonic Mania is a short game, only lasting around three to four hours.

This is from the Kotaku review, which actually got me interested in the game. It probably ruins too many of the surprises for anyone looking to go in cold though.

I started reading the first review then stopped and didn’t click on any others for this exact reason.

The 3-4 hour play time ties in with the original games to an extent (maybe not 1&2 but 3 & Knuckles for sure).

It does say that there are a couple of extra modes, but I don’t think that charging £6 per hour is too bad (if you’d like to break it down like that). If you think Sonic games are fun then I imagine this one will have pretty high replayability.

Bugger, should have preordered it earlier.

I think this will be one of the cases where quality trumps quantity.

The recent Wonderboy: Dragon’s Trap is, by today’s standards, a short game, but it’s a very well put together one. That and the best Sonic levels were all about replayability and trying to get the best time.

I would be disappointed with myself if it took me longer than 3-4 hours to finish an old-school Sonic game. :slight_smile:

Seriously, that sounds just about perfect to me. We’re going to be replaying this for months and months no matter what, and the kids find the classic games pretty taxing so this will definitely take them a while to get through.

I went to fire up Sonic Mania this morning after dropping Sophie off at nursery at 07:30 only to find it isn’t available until 16:00 which pretty much scuppers my plans for today.

Well, Agents of Mayhem has had an absolute kicking.

Or, in Saints Row vernacular: It’s had it’s balls kicked into orbit.