millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Video Game News

Well, crap.

maybe I’ll buy a switch

I was disappointed to hear that too. They’ll likely incorporate it at some point.

Yes, do. They’ve thought of everything, including an app for tiny obsessive gamers :slight_smile: :

Awwwwww…

I’m trying to figure out what witchery is involved with the controller tech. Apparently the HD Rumble enables you to feel the weight of objects you lift. Would work well with an FPS too or that boxing game ARMS, although it looks a bit mental.

I have decided to purchase one, and I was swayed by Mario: Odyssey alone…

In that graphical comparison of Zelda games I had a hard time telling if the Switch was really better or the screen settings were brighter.

It’s a good joke but that video goes on for way too long.

Nintendo did a Fire Emblem Direct livestream tonight. Night and day compared to the Switch presentation. A succinctly put together video package narrated by one of the series’ regular voice actors. Amazing how one company can be capable of such a diverse range of competency.

Beyond showing a smidge more of the FE Warriors game and detailing the expected mobile title (which looks fine for a mobile game, but just a dumbed down Fire Emblem), they briefly announced a Switch Fire Emblem game for next year and a 3DS remake of Fire Emblem: Gaiden (called Fire Emblem: Echoes) coming out in May (with some Amiibo). That’s a very nice surprise.

So, 3GB install on a system with bugger all memory - at least if you go for the Zelda Wii U disc, that’s clever.

Stuff it, I’ll wait and see what happens on this now. Need to drop a game for March in any case as there’s way too many coming out.

EDIT: 2 days later…

Made the mistake of watching a gameplay vid, have re-preordered Wii U Zelda!

Woo.

Well, this is… unexpected.

Ok, you know the debates over “Is a video game a story”?

Just wait for the “Is this classical music?” debates to start :anguished:

No? I’ve seen lots of the “are video games art” debates, but never anyone asking if they’re stories or not (they clearly are, when they have stories).

We had a taste of the “are video games scores classical music?” debate a couple of months ago. I thought about tagging you in this news post. :imp:

Video game music has turned up in the Classic FM listener polls a few times over the last few years, so I suspect they know some of their listeners aren’t going to care for it. Classic Fm have clarified it’ll just be orchestral stuff though, so no chiptunes (but hopefully lots of orchestral versions of retro game themes. I’m expecting lots of Zelda).

I’m surprised at that, as it suggests a bigger crossover between video game players and classical music listeners than I would have expected. When I look at the typical audience at a classical concert, I have trouble imagining many of them as gamers. Yes, I’m guilty of thinking in stereotypes, and there’s no reason why a gamer can’t dress in a suit for a concert, or why a 60-year-old RP-speaking woman can’t be a gamer…

Proms audiences tend to skew a lot younger (and a lot less “English”) than audiences at other classical venues, so maybe they’re all gamers. (Yes, I know, still stereotypes…)

I think it was partly due to a concerted effort. These got into their poll in 2013

And there’s a write-up about 2015’s here:

But there’s a growing interest in video game music concerts. There was a live tour devoted to music from various games a couple of years back and Zelda’s had a live symphony tour on and off for a while now, which has been hugely popular.

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix announced today a multi-year, multi-game partnership, leading with the reveal of The Avengers project. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment.

A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018.

But it’s the oldest question in sci-fi!