millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Twin Peaks - Spoilers Inside!

This is a really good example of @Tom_Punk being ridiculous.

That was everything I hoped it would be and more!!!

How?
I made a comment and people asked me to back it up.

The first episode was kinda unfocused, but the second episode was pretty fun.
Watching the 3rd and 4th that they released online.

If 3and 4 are on VOD, I’ll watch them tomorrow.

I’m following Lynch’s recommendation and watching the series on a big screen with the lights off.

They should be.
Showtime online/app, Hulu, and Amazon Prime have them.

I would suggest holding off on discussing episodes until they air on cable. It gives people a chance to discuss the current episodes. Also, others (like myself) may not have an opportunity to watch any advance showings for a few days.

Oh, yeah, wasn’t going to say anything other that whether or not I liked them,

As with anything that’s been dumped or semi-dumped release if you feel the need to discuss later episodes you can use the spoiler text. Same rules we use for Netflix shows.

I wish we could all be marathoning this together, because the 3rd is pretty dang hilarious.

Just watched the premiere, and… this is going to be one polarizing series. A lot of folks are going to f***ing hate it with a passion. TVLine’s Michael Ausiello trashed it hard.

I’m cautiously optimistic, but I have quite a few concerns, too.

[spoiler]I hope that, in future installments, we see more of actual Twin Peaks. But, with the list of guest stars, I’m a bit concerned that thevrest of the series will follow the pattern of 1&2.

Too many of the scenes seemed to drag on for too long (particularly the South Dakota murder stuff), and a lot of the acting from the non-regulars was stiff. Definitely late period Lynch.

I was also a bit taken aback by how sparse the soundtrack was. The original Twin Peaks had such a great score, and this just sort of felt like plain wallpaper.

I hope that, by the end, it coalesces into something coherent and provides a satisfying conclusion.[/spoiler]

Yes, but he trashed Fire Walk With Me…which was great

I think episodes 3 and 4 will play better for “purists” like TVLine. They were fine enough.

My main complaint about all four is that they seem more like a play in terms of impact and dialogue scenes.

Yeah, and we’re definitely getting FWWM part two, here. Took me a couple of viewings of FWWM to appreciate it. I think it was so tonally different from Twin Peaks that it put a lot of the fans of the show off.

And, really, I’d be more shocked if the new Twin Peaks went back to the old series and gave us eighteen hours of the quirky soap opera parody.

I wouldn’t mind if we saw more of the town, that’s the heart of Twin Peaks and the revival’s weaker spots so far are when they focus on the tangential stuff outside of it.

I agree that it was tonally different, but in terms of content it was no different than the show.
And, really, I find criticisms about it not being “fun” kinda hollow given the subject matter that was there since the start.

Re: scenes that go on too long:

Although that’s taken to the extreme here. The David Lynch that did Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, and Inland Empire is on full display here. Tonally and visually, “The Return” has more in common with those movies than the show.

I’m loving it so far. Bad Dale is badass. Happy to see so much stuff from FWWM referenced, given how divisive it was. Lynch and Frost are making no concessions here and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Michael Cera in episode 4 is one of the funniest, weirdest things I’ve seen all year.

^Spoiler tags is just the actor’s name, not a big deal but I thought I’d err on the safe side.

It’s on Stan over here, but it seems to be only the first episode (long though - like two hours?)

• anyway, Ill probably watch it tonight.

Don’t be ridiculous.

You … you made a _TOM_ment … a TOMment !!!

GET IT!

If it’s 2 hours it’s probably the first 2 episodes, that’s what aired everywhere else. Episodes 3 and 4 are also available on sites like Amazon (which is how I’m watching).

Oh really?

Hmmm… I didn’t see it on my Amazon.