millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Trailer for Millar and Bianchi's Sharkey The Bounty Hunter

“When I joined Netflix on staff last year we had this crazy plan of a big sci-fi universe of movies and ‘Sharkey’ is the first of these,” said Millar. “’The Magic Order’ is our fantasy/ horror franchise, ‘Prodigy’ is our big adventure movies and ‘Sharkey’ kicks off a whole world of sci-fi that’s just a great action comedy in the style of all the movies I grew up with. I love blue-collar heroes and I like the parent/ kid dynamic from movies like ‘Paper Moon’ or ‘Leon The Professional’ and, of course, Big Daddy and Hit-Girl. This is all the things Star Wars or Marvel can’t get away with. We start where they kinda draw the line and I love this freedom creatively as we’ve never seen space done this way before. To have Simone Bianchi drawing the comic-book side of all this and working from the amazing production designs is an honour. The team is just incredible. Simone and I have talking about working together since my days at Marvel so it’s a total blessing to finally be working with this Italian genius.”

9 Likes

This book is going to be amazing. Can’t wait to see what people think when they read it.

3 Likes

Well, you could always… Ah, wait, that implant…

2 Likes

4 Likes

KABOOM!

(Yes,a complete sentence can be but one word, you idiotic bunch of code!)

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

Simone just announced it. Have some Italiano!

And here’s one en Englais.

1 Like

Oh shit, I’d completely forgotten about Bianchi… I’m glad Mark didn’t… :smile:

That looks cool. I’m curious how this works; you make a comic, then a netflix show is made based on the comic? Or is the comic the final product, and there is no show? Or what? Just wondering.

And now I’m also wondering why a piece of cake? showed up next to my name? :rofl:

Happy MillarDay to you!
Happy MillarDay to youuuuuuuu!
It could be your birthday,
but Happy MillarDay to you!

2 Likes

Well it is my un-birthday.

1 Like

A lot of them are being developed in tandem. There was a big announcement of what was in queue back in July.

1 Like

It’s a movie, not a TV show.

1 Like

What about The Magic Order and Prodigy?

Being developed but no official announcements for shows/movies.

2 Likes

Millar and artist create the comic. Netflix own the rights to each new creation and they decide what to do with it. Could be a TV show, or a movie. Could be real life or animated. Could be a faithful adaptation or very loosely based.

Netflix don’t tell Mark what to write, nor do they tell the artist how to design the characters. Some of the comics might not ever be adapted. Some ideas might be developed but never become comics.

6 Likes

While you were typing that I was explaining the exact same thing to my roomie and being told I don’t know what I’m talking about. I get kinda furious with that sort of bonehead response.

4 Likes

That’s awesome. Thanks.

That’s funny.