millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Topcow Talent contest blog

Thanks, but I’m busy developing comic book series and pitches with artists. I have so much work to do, but at least it’s the good kind of work.

One nice thing about getting a Runners-Up spot in the Top Cow Talent Hunt, is that it means that artists actually want to work with me.

Plus I ended up chatting to a lot of artists through the official Top Cow Talent Hunt thread as well.

Which is another way that the experience is rewarding.

Millarworld is good for that too, but it’s nice that there are other spaces out there where writers and artists can chat online.

If anyone wants to check out the Top Cow Talent Hunt thread, then this is the latest one - http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?96819-OFFICIAL-Top-Cow-Talent-Hunt-2017-Discussion-Thread

Although, they do start up a new thread for each Talent Hunt.

It does sound as if the Talent Search is improving.

I was happy to just do the comp to see where I stand. And it was good to get some feed back from them. It gave me a chance to stick to a deadline and really see what my strengths and weaknesses are. I’ve spent most of my days lately just studying different books and how the various writers and artists pace their books and story arcs. I never realized how much work goes into making comics till this point LOL but I’m really enjoying it.

Its good to hear you guys are all chipping away on your own projects. I have a few of my own I’m working on and am hoping to pitch them to Image in a month. I’m not sure how it works for them so hopefully it will be ok LOL
I hope the millarworld comp will start up again soon. but I’m sure Netflix is keeping everyone busy with production of the shows and films they are working on. Looking fwd to watching them when they come out.
It would be nice if the other publishers would do comps too to give writers and artists a chance for more exposure.

It’s a shame the Millarworld Comp isn’t currently running, but don’t forget, there are other options out there.

Alterna Comics is a great example. They run their IF Anthology each year and they’ve just announced a new bi-monthly anthology series titled It Came out On A Wednesday.

Their website is here; https://www.alternacomics.com/

Plus there are small press publishers like FutureQuake and Hallowscream that you can submit to as well.

Thanks for Paul for sharing this! gonna check the link and the small press publishers out. :+1: