millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Top Ten Best Comics Runs

CBR did their most recent poll and these are the results:

10 Geoff Johns’ “Green Lantern” – 812 points (24 first place votes)

9 Walter Simonson’s “Thor” – 887 points (19 first place votes)

8 Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s “Batman” – 1019 points (20 first place votes)

7 Grant Morrison’s “Batman” – 1036 points (22 first place votes)

6 Steve Ditko and Stan Lee’s “Spider-Man” – 1242 points (25 first place votes)

5 Jack Kirby and Stan Lee’s “Fantastic Four” – 1260 points (32 first place votes)

4 Alan Moore’s “Swamp Thing” – 1311 points (39 first place votes)

3 Frank Miller and Klaus Janson’s “Daredevil” – 1449 points (28 first place votes)

2 Neil Gaiman’s “Sandman” – 1474 points (40 first place votes)

1 John Byrne, Chris Claremont and Terry Austin’s “X-Men” – 2356 points (55 first place votes)

Edit: Cut and paste messed up the order there. Read it in reverse, X-Men is number one and Green Lantern at 10.

Glad I spotted this before I launched into the most vitriolic rant of all time :laughing:

I did some editing to remove the full stops and it is fixed now. :smile:

I would have liked to see Morrison’s New X Men on there, but it’s a decent list overall

I have a feeling that 5 years down the line both the Batman runs in there will be missing.

I was just about to say the same thing! (For Snyder’s run at least).

I’d definitely go along with Claremont/Byrne X-Men on top.

My only real objection is the Snyder/Capullo Batman. I think it’s too soon to vote for a run that’s only five issues old and only told half a story.

Conversely, I think #5 and #6 are only there as nostalgia. I’ve tried to read them a handful of times over the years and don’t really think they hold up.

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not but they had over 50 issues in their run on Batman.

Umm… I wish I was joking but I was honestly thinking of Snyder/JRJR :blush:

I’m just going to quietly creep out of the forum now and never return…

There are several GM runs that spring to mind that I think are better overall than his Batman run. Interesting to see that it obviously still has its fans though.

You must be mixed up somehow Ronnie, #5 and #6 on the list are the Lee/Ditko Amazing Spider-Man and Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four. :slight_smile:

Nope. Those are the ones. :wink:

I would imagine they are great for their time but I’ve barely been able to get through an issue or two. Maybe if someone rescripted them, they would work a little better.

No Fourth World?

Pshaw

Fourth World was placed in 54th.

That is a crime.

Like you, I struggle with the ‘old style’ script, but the thrust of the argument for inclusion was the sheer number of villains created in a short time for Spidey, and the over-arching Galactus/Silver Surfer and Inhumans epics, which is probably fair enough.

Stan and Jack’s Fantastic Four is number five? Is this real or is my phone acting buggy and changing ones to fives?

Great idea, why haven’t Marvel thought of that? :slight_smile:

That’s fair but why wouldn’t they include Siegel and Shuster’s run on Action Comics / Superman for creating the entire genre.

I was actually going to suggest that Bendis’ initial run on Ultimate Spider-Man may be a better inclusion for a modern list.

I don’t think you can win ‘best song’ for a cover version. :wink: