millarworld.tv Comics Creators

This is how we roll! A thread for board games...

Not a single one of their (many) photographs illustrate that. Some of the photos seem to go out of their way to make them look like flat coins.

They do look beautiful, but that method of use sounds far to fiddly and time-consuming for actual play.

There was a video down at the bottom of the page, but it took some finding. I think there’s a few games where they’d be a fun alternative to dice rolling, but most games I play use multiple dice together, which would be awkward

Yes, I’m just imagining throwing 3D6 to see if your punch lands, followed by 10D6 for damage :scream:

One of my team-mates ran the Curse of Strahd D&D campaign for us nerdier footballers in the last half of the year.

During that campaign he let slip that he was pretty deep in the world building for a campaign of his own.

We finished Strahd, or rather were finished by Strahd, a few weeks before Christmas. Everything went rather quiet after that until a few weeks back when someone let slip at training that they were having a d&d session and diving into his new world.

I won’t lie, I was a little hurt not to be invited but I also knew the Cats group was J5’s other d&d group and as such assumed I hadn’t quite made the grade. It was a shame as my other d&d group had one session over the same time period that we played the whole Strahd campaign (it’s pretty much dead in the water but I don’t think anyone has the heart to tell the dm as he invests so much time).

I resigned myself to not be playing anymore and threw myself fully into running the group for the kids at school.

Earlier in the week J5 contacted me to say he wanted me involved, the early sessions were being used to ease a new guy in and now they were established he was ready to run with a larger group.

After reading his 21 page “tourist guide” to the land he had created I was ready to go with a new character idea. It was a bit left-field so had to get his clearance. Thankfully he loved it, so much so that some of my backstory elements have been incorporated into the worlds own backstory. I even got to name a region within one of the kingdoms.

If you can’t tell i’m pretty excited to have been invited in and to be able to play as opposed to run sessions again.

Ya. D&D is as much about the camaraderie as the game. I might start looking for a game sometime soon.