millarworld.tv Comics Creators

This is how we roll! A thread for board games...

I got this for Xmas. Not all that impressed with it if I’m honest. The rule book is unclear and the gameplay pretty uninteresting. Played a game with my sister’s boyfriend who’s a gamer and we both had a hard time sussing out what we were ment to do. Biggest laughs throughout where at our own confusion. Disappointed.

Is it a reissue of the old GW Block War game, or brand new?

Brand new I think.

Just checked it out over at BGG and there was a thread posted today by the game designer, Herb Ferman, has said they are actively rewriting the rule book due to customer feedback.

He posted this link as well

http://forums.gameandacurry.com/showthread.php?tid=3

Quite often these updated rules can really fix a game. Shame they still ship with apparently unchecked rulebooks.

I love board games, curious if anyone here also backed Lords of Hellas? It’s pretty delayed in the expansions, but imo it’s a great game and has had a lot of replayability.

I love how there are 5 victory conditions, so you are never truly out of the game and once you get a couple of rounds under your belt the game plays really smooth.

After the disappointing Block War I was a bit warey of ordering another game based on an early Dredd mega-epic but I took the plunge at preordering this after seeing some of the art of Rufus Dayglow’s Instagram feed.

Did a little bit of digging and the creator behind it has another game under their belt, Lost Expedition, and since the game has as competitive, coop and solo modes I’ve decided to take the plunge.

My Cursed Earth game cost a lot less than $35. And had Mike McMahon art, I think :slight_smile:

You’ve got to love a game where one of the random events you can draw is “Force fed with burgers” :smiley:

Looks like you paid too much.

But Ronnie, “Force fed with burgers”!

It does have my alternate identity. :wink:

@Barbelith I haven’t backed it but I have heard lots of good things about it.

@Bruce from my quick look it appears Cursed Earth is a reimplementation of the designers last game which has a pretty good rating over at bgg.

I just got my most recent KS acquisition: Witless Wizards.

The games designer is a friend and lives locally. It is his first solo project after having collaborated on all his previously published games.

I’ll leave you with his final words on the whole thing.

I did wonder if this was going to be the case. Should be fairly robust if it’s a preexisting game then.

Want this?

Yeah, sure. Where did you get it from?

They come in a monthly magazine clled Tabletop Gaming (I think). This is going to be next months promo/freebie.

Great mag. I’m actually reading the current issue right now.

Edit - that’s actually last month’s issue. I’m one behind

I was about to say… that doesn’t look like the one that came through my door yesterday! I have to admit I don’t actually read that much of it, the pictures are nice though.

Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 session last night.

The game took pity on us for losing so many sessions in a row and gave us some help and nice bonuses.

Then it took them away again just as quickly…

We did win however so that was nice.

Anyone played this? I’ve got a 5 player have tomorrow. Looks crazy fun.

So one of my favorite Mecha smashy game turns 35 this year.
And it releases two new box sets to celebrate.

These two new box sets are your first steps into the world’s greatest armored combat game and include everything you need to get started. Existing players will enjoy all-new content including map sheets, fiction, and of course, ´Mechs!

Beginner Box ($19.99)
A ready-to-play starter set, perfect for someone who’s just finished their first BattleTech demo and is ready for more action.

Contents:

• 2 high-quality, fully assembled (unpainted) miniatures:
    • Griffin
    • Wolverine
  • 24-page Quick Start Rulebook
  • 8 Quick Start Record Sheets
  • 48 page fiction novella by William H. Keith, Jr., a prequel to the Gray Death Legion saga featuring Carlyle’s Commandos and Durant Carlyle; only available in the Beginner Box.
  • 4-page Instant Guide to the Inner Sphere
  • 4 Pilot Cards
  • One all-new 18″ x 22″ full-color paper map (hexed, double-sided)
  • Punchboard of additional BattleMechs
  • 2 dice

A Game of Armored Combat ($59.99)
    The classic BattleTech boxed set, reimagined from the ground up and full of exciting new material and miniatures!

Contents:

• 8 high-quality, fully assembled (unpainted) miniatures:
    • Awesome
    • BattleMaster
    • Catapult
    • Commando
    • Locust
    • Shadow Hawk
    • Thunderbolt
    • Wolverine
  • 48-page Rulebook
  • 16-page Record Sheet Booklet
  • 48 page fiction novella by William H. Keith, Jr., a prequel to the Gray Death Legion saga featuring Carlyle’s Commandos and Durant Carlyle; only available in the A Game of Armored Combat box.
  • 16-page Universe Primer
  • 8 Pilot Cards
  • 8 Alpha Strike Cards
  • 2 heavy-stock reference sheets
  • Two all-new 18” x 22” full-color paper maps (hexed, double-sided)
  • Punchboard of additional BattleMechs and terrain
  • 2 dice

And the new minis are so very very sweet.

If you enjoy power struggles being handled by 100 ton warmachines. Then this is the universe for you.