millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Write Off 8: Millar's DC/Marvel

What do they say? All attention is good attention. Keep it going😀

Thanks for helping me keep this thing going.

Hey, don’t think it isn’t for selfish reasons😀 I need to write

It’s a good feeling.:grinning:

Happy Holidays! Let’s “hit the ground” writing/creating in 2018😀

You, too. I’ll probably be writing my script this week.

Finally “found” my story…maybe. Time is short, so I gotta commit. I’m gonna touch on the “ULTIMATES”, particularly Captain America.

Good way to go! Good luck!

I spoke too soon. I will not be submitting a story. Laptop is still f’ed up. I will defintely be reading, voting and critiquing…er. That last bit is iffy. I don’t feel super comfortable doing that without a story of my own. So. We’ll see how that goes…

If this is the last go around for awhile, I really enjoyed my time here. I’ll be checking back for when a new iteration begins. And join in the fun then.
Thanks, jason

Sucks to have computer problems. Hope you can work them out. If you can, definitely still read and comment on scripts. You don’t need to have written one to do so! And at any rate, thanks for keeping this thing in mind.

Is this contest closed now?

Nope. Closes at the end of the month.

I actually read Superman: Red Son for the first time in preparation for my script. I’d had the idea before reading, and it didn’t really change (much) after. I was struck by how Millar had used the Green Lantern concept in the original story, and wondered what might be done around the edges. Even though, obviously, I’m the one who came up with the topic of this challenge, I hadn’t picked it with a story in mind. Red Son just happened to be the Millar comic with the biggest legacy I had no previous experience with, and so it interested me to finally do some investigating. I ended up liking what was done in the original comic, even with Green Lantern. If anything, if I’d based my story on thoughts I had after reading it, I’d have tried to reconcile what happens to Hal Jordan and how he’s introduced, arguably the most elaborate setup of any character in it, and the one with the most abrupt resolution. But I’m not going to write a story based on that.

If anyone out there still looking to participate in this final week of submissions (and I’m not extending the deadline again, just so you know) is still looking for inspiration, and is confident in their ability to produce something quickly, that’s just one example of the kinds of possibilities that are out there.

Last day of submissions for this. If you’ve got anything at all, feel free to send it in.

Good and bad news, …for me anyway.

Bad: I couldn’t finish my submission for this Write Off.

Good: It’s because I’m collaborating/working on the first issue of a limited series.

Still, I’d like to vote and give feedback. Let’s keep the momentum going!

Well, good luck with your project.