millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Wild Storm by Warren Ellis (Spoilers)

What are everyone’s hopes for writers and titles?

I’ll be shocked if Tim seeley isn’t involved

I would actually kill somebody to get Joe Casey back.

He seems busy with lion forge.

Just saying, if he needs somebody dead, the cost is not that high.

Yeah you seem willing to kill at the drop of a hat. I respect that.

Seriously tho wildcats 3.0 was brilliant

Not the drop of a hat, just things that are important

I think Ellis’s work is even better now than it was during his Wildstorm days so color me more than excited.

I like that it sounds like more of an exploration of the new Wildstorm universe than a traditional team book.

drops hat
we both look at it
both look up, our eyes meeting in expectation, dread
long shot

Deathblow’s a brother now?

I thought that was probably a new Jackson King.

At least one of the articles had Michael Cray as a caption beneath that art. Plus, he’s got Deathblow’s signature two red stripes as a tattoo on his arm.

Ah, cool.

Hahaha. When I first read that, I thought, “Where have they said anything about Deathblow having a brother?” :wink:

Wasn’t Deathblow a woman for a while as well? Genevieve Cray?

I hasten to add that my knowledge of Wildstorm pre-Warren Ellis is non-existent, but I think that I read that somewhere.

Yeah. In the Alan Moore mini-series. Bet that piques your curiousity :wink:

I basically know nothing about Wildstorm’s continuity proper, so I can’t make any guesses there. But if somehow this allowed Ellis to update the Global Frequency for another run, I’d be very excited.

I have a copy of the Tbp with Alan Moore’s Wildstorm work (excluding Wildcats) and it’s in there. So I know that I’ve read it, but I have no recollection of having done so. Will need to re-read it I guess.

To be fair, it’s not all that great. IIRC.

Global Frequency wasn’t part of the Wildstorm Universe, but I believe the rights are held or co-owned by DC/Warners (it was reprinted with Vertigo branding at one point). So while it likely won’t be part of the reboot, if Ellis is back in at DC it might prompt something.

That said, Ellis is generally reticient to return to his creations when he feels he’s done with them. So who knows?

Yeah, me too. Let’s just kill whoever they line up for Wildcats until we get to Joe Casey.

Yes.

Love Ellis’ description of the Wildstorm universe.

unique combination of cosmic paranoia and paramilitary conspiracy for the post-political space madness of the twenty-teens

Ellis’ Stormwatch is still one of my favourite work of his, and I hope this will be similar in tone.