millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Wild Storm by Warren Ellis (Spoilers)

I’ll always have a soft spot for The Monarchy, primarily because of writer Doselle Young’s active involvement on the WildStorm message boards back in the pre-MillarWorld days.

The Fevermen showed up in The Monarchy, right? When pursuing Vox? I bloody loved the Fevermen.

Yeah, the Monarchy was sorta like Wildstorm’s DOOM PATROL. More weirdscreen than widescreen.

Today’s issue was lovely.
Great amount of forward momentum, especially in light of what Ellis tweeted the other day.
It’s a shame the series will take a hiatus in a few months, but it’s definitely not being abated by it.

to put what I wrote in new Comics thread, if ppl want to discuss it

Roxy’s mother is a trip. I like the part where she says " I had a kid. It was weird, you know? like a compulsion." Could the Implants be responsible for GEN 13 or as Gloria calls it, the Thunderbook 13th Genetic stage?

Yeah, Grunge’s dad implied that it’s all part of some this motivation to colonize and invade.

It’s similar to SF ideas like the protomolecule in The Expanse or the early colony waves in the Revelation Space novels - you send out a technological solution to make other planets and other life like you. That way your empire grows without having to send massive amounts of soldiers and ships across space.

Or the sci-fi masterpiece: Species.

And Species II.

Yes… Masterpiece.

Isn’t that what it’s been doing since day one?

yes, but adding the word “more” does not POP in the way they want the headline to

Until now it’s been one at a time?

(Yes, I know the second arc has Diana Prince and John Constantine, but they were introduced in separate issues)

Just got to the end of the latest issue. That was fun. And I wasn’t expecting that pair to show up at the end. :slight_smile:

The way the laser curved I thought it was going to be Flashpoint, Sunburst and Nautika for a moment, and then that last page happened

I absolutely loved the issue.
Makes the wait for whenever a new Gen13 series even worse. I still wonder what the heck is going to go on with Burnout odds are now he doesn’t really exist now.

I’ve only been reading Michael Cray. I’ve always been a fan of Deathblow & Team 7, but never really got into the rest of the Wildstorm universe. Should I pick up Wildstorm even if I don’t know any of the history?

I think it works both ways (I know bits and pieces of WS history but by no means a huge amount, and I’ve been enjoying it), but I know some people have felt a bit like they’re missing something by not getting all the references.

Team 7 seems to make up a fair bit of the new WSU’s tone and informs the setting a lot. What’s happening to Cray in the second half of the story ties in to the third arc in The Wild Storm as well, but they’re not essential to each other.

As someone who dabbled in and out of Wildstorm over the years and really doesn’t get all the mythology/connections in regard to Team 7/Gen 13/Wildcats, I have REALLY loved this book. Worth checking out.