millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Sports Thread

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--lamarcus-aldridge-to-sign-with-spurs-161714441.html

Are you kidding me. Wow.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11666257_10153603099039873_6026707515049690185_n.jpg?oh=51b2814dfec83dd98397c37ef84cfcba&oe=561F47A6&gda=1445531988_9d2af6c0efa2d576b3c0b75bda393d02

I shall enjoy watching that table while it lasts.

The real question is, how the fuck are England in that top 10?

They’ve won all 6 of their Euro qualifying games so far.

Sorry, it was just a sarcastic wee joke amoung us Celts

:slight_smile:

Ok…Tom Brady…

I liked how a Pats fan whose name I won’t mention went on and on and on about Seattle cheating with steroids to win, but when it came to his own team the Pats with Brady’s deflated footballs and Bellicheks spying on other teams, there was no cheating at all. Way to go Pats fans!

Don’t worry though. It doesn’t change my mind about the Patriots and their fans. :smile:

Excellent idea. Lets go Mets!

As for basketball, I get it that Kobe wants the ball so much that no free agent wants to go to the Lakers until he retires.
It is more or less the same with the Knicks and Carmelo Anthony. Maybe they should trade Carmelo and get players who can play team ball instead of giving one guy the ball all the time.

I’m really liking the Red Sox this year.

Can anybody pitch here? This is so frustrating!

As I post this we are TEN DAYS FROM OPENING DAY!!!

Right about when we expect a bit of Spring snow here in Colorado, but that’s business as usual for the Rockies. My, oh my, are they looking special, what with their two top pitchers already on the DL and one, Chacin, cut. Jhulyus Chacin (whose parents need SpellCheck) will go great with any warm-weather team. He’d be a star with the newly-in-the-American-League Houston Astros, for instance. It’s rather all up to Walt Weiss, and early rumormongering indicates there are some who do not want to see him make it through the whole season as manager. The grapevine says if the Rockies do their usual thing - which is a solid Spring Training, starting off strong and then falling into chaos before the All-Star Game and just getting worse after - if that happens Weiss should be canned as soon as that downhill slope is detected. There are odds about his being fired at the All-Star Break.

What about your teams? Al-X’s Mets and so forth?

My back-up teams are of course the Los Angeles Dodgers (having bled Dodger Blue for 47 years), the Boston Red Sox and whoever emerges as the Team of Destiny for the year.

This year should be real interesting with the new boards (thanks again, Jim & Co.!) where we can pretty much “post live” as games are happening. This should be great if we develop rivalries or there are significant games.

Another team i finally like - the San Francisco Giants. Growing on me slowly over the last decade from heinous rivals with scum as fans to a darned good team with cool, enthusiastic fans. I love watching Tim Lincecum, and they have generally great players like Buster Posey and the Kung Fu Panda. (If he’s still there, he’s a free agent this year.)

Ohara - as a Chicagoan, are you a fan of the darling, loveable underdogs the Chicago Cubs; or a supporter of the evil and twisted American League depressants-in-uniforms the Comisky-demon-infested Chicago White Sox?

Check in and declare your team(s) and guesses! Anybody do Fantasy Baseball? (I don’t, but I bet Don and Jake do.)

I am hoping for the best from the Mets.

This thread may not go that far because there are a lot of MWers from overseas not familiar with the sport.

I hope that there are enough baseball fans here to keep it going.

So it begins next week.

Everyone pretty much has the Nationals as the team to beat in the NL but we have to wait and see.

I just want the best from the Mets.

Colorado might trade Tulo or Gonzalez mid year.

NoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO!

But they might well fire Walt Weiss at the All-Star Break.

Keep an eye on the West Coast NL teams - they are not to be trusted!

They have a strong rotation of starting pitchers this season, for a change. A weak infield, at least until Daniel Murphy comes back, but I’ve been very encouraged by the good work I’ve seen defensively and offensively in the pre-season. After lackluster efforts by the New York football and basketball teams over the last half-year, I’m putting all my hopes on the Mets.

If that isn’t an epitaph I don’t know what is.

Those are the Metropolitans, Jerry! And it ain’t 1969! (Ah, how I wish it was, sometimes.)

You know who I hope perform well this year? The AL Houston Astros. They used to be a contender, regularly, and a danger to play against. Killer B’s and some fine pitching.

Opening Day!

The Rockies beat Milwaukee at the Brewers 10-0!

And the most surprised people on Earth were … the Rockies! And ME!

Top o’ the WORLD, Ma! Top o’ the world!

The “unbeaten” Rockies?

Oh, this won’t last.

Way to go Mets!

Then won 6 straight so far.

Did you say something about improvement in pitching? Our “ace” gave up something like 19 runs - to blasted San Diego. Maybe the Mets can beat on the Padres for a while? Somebody has to!

Because of the riots in Baltimore, the Orioles and the White Sox played the game with no fans in attendance…

Both teams said the game felt so weird and eery.

Baltimore won 8-2 btw.

I didn’t catch whether that game was broadcast, but the clips made it look so odd! Like a Brewer’s game from Fulton County Stadium back in the Sixties - when there was one day they had attendance of 24!

Charlie Culbertson is on the 60-day DL with “lumbar back pain”. I empathize with Charlie (and I hope he empathizes with ME!) as that’s been my pain source for 21 years! Ow!