millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The perfect actor for the perfect superhero movie!

Would you guys think Billy Zane would be a great Luthor or Professor X if he wasn’t bald?

And yet he was a great choice for a Kryptonian scientist. (Also, it’s more the quiet alpha male types he plays so well rather than the loud ones.)

Thank you!

There’s absolutely nothing that makes me think he could play either role. But he’s bald, so there’s that.

Me neither.

Superman’s father is sort of the ultimate alpha male.

How so?

For a Kryptonian science who rides a dragon and has a sword fight.

Yeah, well, obviously. Like all Kryptonian scientists do.

You mean they don’t spend their time dragon-riding and sword-fighting?

No wonder Krypton went kablooey.

Well, the perfect movie for me, would be written by Christopher Nolan and the Russo Brothers, and directed by Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon.

The idea is to get two writers, who have already made well-received superhero movies, who write intricate, gritty, and thrilling stories.

The directors are both experienced with superhero movies and CGI, and add a unique, comic book feel to their movies (i.e. Zack Snyder’s slow-mo, and Whedon’s large scale action scenes). To be honest, Snyder can make some great movies.

I think that JJ Abrams could also be amazing. He’s never really done a superhero movie before, and he could add something new and fresh to the table:
http://img.pandawhale.com/105640-JJ-Abrams-lens-flare-meme-Imgu-Gs5u.jpeg

What do you think?

I think that many creative forces vying to be the lead would make for a crappy movie.

I can’t be the only one who didn’t see this.

I really liked his role in Rogue One as a half-innocent sort of guy, who just wants to be great but chokes on his aspirations, and gets taken advantage of by Tarkin.

I’m not sure half-innocent is quite correct for his character in Rogue One. He struck me as being evil, but not quite as clever as he thinks he is. Thus he is easily manipulated and used by people higher up the food chain. He is sort of middle-management evil.

Yeah

Basil Rathbone could have been an awesome Shadow.

Such a great call!