millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Ongoing New Comics Thread

I agree Frank Miller is calling him one

3 Likes

It’s more explicitly laid out later when Pa Kent is sitting on the back of a truck and says to Clark, “the world’s just not ready to know that David is a knob end.”

7 Likes

This conversation… hasn’t gone in the direction I had envisaged :confused:

6 Likes

“On my world, it stands for knob-end.”

11 Likes

Is anyone else still reading X-Men: Grand Design? The last issue was out this week, and it was great, but it had a twist at the end I did not see coming. Definitely a love letter to Claremont’s errors with a great bookending. But I really didn’t see it coming. Did I miss anything that should have clued me in besides the deletion of Lee Forrester from the overall story?

2 Likes

I thought Superman: Year One might be worth a dedicated thread for discussion if a few of us are picking it up.

Generally I liked it, especially the art. Miki and Sinclair make JRjr’s art look its best.

2 Likes

It’s almost time. 20 minutes. Then I will finally read it.

1 Like

Right, so, this is without a doubt one of the wildest and best comic book reading experiences I’ve ever had.

It took me almost two hours and to put it short: Superman Year One is really DOING IT for me. There’s so much to like, so much to take in. It’s absolutely marvellous.

It doesn’t just DO IT, it keeps it up from start to end.

I won’t give it universal appraise, there are a few things, like the navy bit, but I’m not sure it’s headed in a bad direction, that aren’t fucking amazing. But even then, Lana Lang just goes ahead and sells it. What an ending.

I don’t know what to say… It took me a loooong time too read it through, so much was going on in this book. The art? Come on!? The art is JRJR 11/10+ and not a single panel or facial expression is wasted or repeated. It’s mind-blowingly good! It’s alive! Just look at Martha’s face in this cropped panel compared to her calm and serene demeanor earlier:

bild

I’ve been laughing, I’ve been crying, I’ve been flying! I was looking forward to this a lot but I sure wasn’t expecting it to be this good. I really wasn’t.

12/10

Even the lettering is really doing it!

12/10+ it is!!

edit: Am tempted to do a recap consisting only of the words in bold and big bold or otherwise. That’s bound to be poetry.

3 Likes

Faithless #3 was better than issue #2, a good mix of relationship stuff, spooky horror and story development. I especially liked the gentle exploration of the nature of magic in this world, and the way the cost of that magic is suggested. There’s some intrigue here, some tragedy and some disturbing moments. I like where this is going.

1 Like

After another reading of Superman Year One, I realized I’ve completely forgot there were other comics out today. I wonder what they are… :wink:

4 Likes

Fuck this. I’m dropping Batman. $4 for a conversation in a desert? Fuck that.

5 Likes

The regular Batman posts here make it sound like everyone is down on this run at this point. Is anyone still enjoying it?

2 Likes

I think people are desperate for something to happen, anything to happen.

2 Likes

But the horse has no name…:wink:

3 Likes

If Bendis was writing Batman, that conversation would be GOLD!!

6 Likes

Seriously, this has been me for at least the past dozen issues of Batman.

Enough is enough now. Fuck Batman and fuck the horse he rode in on!

4 Likes

I’m enjoying not reading it. DC should have agreed to publish every fourth issue King has planned. Would have made a tight story.

5 Likes

Yeah this was me a few issues ago.
I never thought I would drop it and yet I have done and I have zero regrets.

5 Likes

I’m sticking with it out of habit.

This last issue wasn’t terrible. It had some good action scenes with some desert ninjas, and Bruce talking to flashpoint Batman was pretty good.

But fuck this run. It may be the most padded popular comic ever produced. King needs to only be given 50 issue runs, max, from now on. This was a 50-60 issue story. How it got approved for 100 plus is beyond me. Bat-editorial should be embarrassed.

6 Likes

One day, Tom King woke up and thought “wouldn’t it be cool to have a 100 issue run on Batman”. So, that’s what he did.

He clearly didn’t have a 100 issue story to tell, he just wanted the big number.

The irony being, of course, now he’s only going to get a 92 issue run instead.

6 Likes