millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Obituaries Thread

His standup routines were hilarious and he was great as Harry the Hat on Cheers. A very funny man.

RIP

62 is awful young. Sad to hear this, he seemed like a decent guy.

Looks like from reports from friends today it was suicide and he was quite troubled. Not confirmed by police but it seems so and is very sad.

Yeah Harry the Hat is how I’ll always know him. He’s the second or third Cheers guest to die in recent months.

Another one I was absolutely not expecting. It’s good he finally made peace with WWE.

I didn’t realize he was so young.

RIP

Troyer’s family statement did not give a cause of death but it added: “Depression and suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one another. And always know, it’s never too late to reach out to someone for help.”

That’s 3 very recently in this thread that are likely suicides :frowning_face:

Suicides are highest in April/May. I wonder if the unbearably long winter is getting to peoples heads.

Sad to hear about this one, too.

This has been building for a while.

This one was always one of my favorites:

We used to sing that with Amber, I grew up with Schoolhouse Rock and got Amber the DVD set when she was 3. Glad he had a long life and huge positive impact on multiple generations.

Back in a high school government class (circa 1986), the class sang the Preamble to the Constitution. We had learned it from School House Rock.

Even though that’s how I remember Schoolhouse Rock now, it’s clearly a great legacy.

Lolly lolly lolly get your adverbs here…

Figure eight…

I’m just a bill…

I could go on