millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The NFL Thread!!!!!

The Giants are now 1 and 5… Their season is over.

Who to blame…

The Mannings…

The GM for not drafting a QB.

Nah, the Giants made the right pick. Best player on the board at #2. And QB’s can play fine as they get older - we’re riddled with older QB’s that are the very best at the position. The problem is the offensive line, not Eli.

Yeah, Barkley is great. Couldn’t pass him up. He’s the one bright spot on the team right now. They can get their QB in this next draft.

A good matchup this week should be Kansas City vs. the Pats at Foxboro. Should be fun.

On a side note, I get a little fed up with all these pregame shows with these analysts, retired players and coaches overanalyzing every game. It is their job I know, but I am tired of these panels of suits going on and on about unnecessary roughness, read option, play action, pass rush, screen plays, etc…

I like football in small doses, not 11 hours straight every Sunday… Way too much for me.

Yee-HAW!

Will he make the grade? No idea.

He is very elusive and fast and used to receiving kicks, I suspect kick returner will be his best option. He’s a bit short for a wide receiver and that’s more complicated with playbooks etc.

The kick return is a mostly dead role now. It seems they just stick some guy in there to catch the ball but punters are so good that there’s not always good return options (maybe only 1-2 per game). Good luck to him but I don’t know he’ll fare against guys playing the game all their lives.

Agreed, it’s tricky to try and exchange that deep knowledge of the game and most ‘switchers’ don’t work, even in rugby league to union which are more similar. Chances are he’ll make a few quid as NFL wages are huge and then head back.

There’s always a small outside chance he introduces something that bucks those odds. Games do evolve and what seems a dead art can be revived.

Friday thought. I wonder why more white players aren’t kneeling. Once you witness the truly deep inequality and endless racism people of color face in our country, not to mention the police brutality and murders. Why not kneel next to your brothers? Otherwise how are you not complicit? I think it would be cool if @maroon5 backed out of super bowl like @badgalriri Did. I personally told my reps I wouldn’t do a Super Bowl commercial this year. I know it must sound like a privilege ass sacrifice but it’s all i got. Hitting the nfl with the advertisers is the only way to really hurt them. I know opposing the nfl is like opposing the nra. Very tough, but don’t you want to be proud of how you’re living? Stand up for your brothers and sisters of color. And the hottest thing a guy can do is get down on one knee. Not to propose but to reject the treatment of his teammates by this country. Anyone who says its disrespectful to our military please read up on the fact that a lot of veterans are proud of what @kaepernick7 is doing and fully support him. What are your thoughts?

Just on the news, Chad Kelly made his first court appearance - and has been cut from the Broncos.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/broncos-cut-backup-quarterback-chad-kelly/73-607520910

Shit, McMaho really is going through with the XFL:

Other rumored cities include Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Seattle, and Washington D.C.

He’s going to lose so much money.

I truly hope so.

Reading the article, I see that the rumored cities include LA, which already has 2 NFL teams, neither of which it can really sustain, and D.C., which can barely support the Skins, etc.

I cannot wait to watch this shit collapse.

I also love his timing to start this. Football viewership has been declining for years and CTE being one of the factors.

This will be fun.

While I hope he loses money, I think the NFL is going to see a massive drop when Brady, Rogers and Brees retire. There’s no really big personalities left to drive the brand.

If Vince plays up the gambling aspect and a fantasy aspect he could turn this into something.