Comics Creators

The NFL Thread!!!!!

The Dolphins punter is great.

The Juice is loose!

The Jets are 2-2 and the Giants are 0-4…

It should really be the other way around as the Giants are the better team but that is how football goes.

Wonders never cease.

The Chiefs are 4-0, and I;m getting an earful from a friend (and former comic shop owner) about it! :smiley:

Remember the beginning of the 2017 MLB season, when everyone was predicting that the Mets would reach the playoffs while the Yankees would struggle while they rebuild their team? Yeah, well, the Mets will be sitting around tonight watching the Yanks play the wild card game against the Twins.

I have to give Al full credit for even keeping an eye on the Mets. I quite like that deGrom fellow.

Bills 3-0
Jets 2-2
Pats 2-2
Fins 1-2

just saying…

New York, NY (AP) - A six-year-old boy was at the center of a NYC courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.
The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him just like his parents and he refused to live with her.
When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.
Now learning that violence was apparently a way of life for the family, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After conferring with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the New York Giants, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Thanks Green Bay v Dallas game was the most fun I’ve had watching a game in ages. What a game!

That was good, particularly the end. Also becoming rather impressed with the KC Chiefs this season.

I never thought the Giants would be 0-5 and the Jets 3-2 playing the Pats for first place this Sunday…

Any other good matchups this week?

Here is joke a few years back from Steven Wright:

I was watching the football game with my old grandfather. The hometeam scored a TD. When they showed the replay my grandfather thought they scored again and cheered. I thought about telling him it was a replay but didn’t bother. He was watching a better game.

I’m quite liking the Chiefs this year. The Broncos are to play the Giants, and everybody is saying it will be a slaughter. Tell that to the Buffalo Bills.

You know… I have to give credit to @Will.

When that former TE for the Pats was jailed for murder, I said that he wasn’t wrapped too tight to begin with and on the evil side.

Will said it was head injuries and sure enough, after the guy committed suicide in jail they did an autopsy and he had so much CTE in his brain from playing football.

Score one for Will

That case in particular was hideous on many levels, but may well have been the match to end the NFL as we knew it. Where our society “forgot” that bashing skulls together might not be a good thing, I dunno. Must be the brain damage.

Does CTE mean that all his previous issues with gun crime and his links to gangs are also forgettable?

I think that while CTE was present, and allegedly on a massive scale, it cannot be used as the reason for his actions. He was too deep into a lot of bad stuff.

With brain injuries (my last specialty before my back broke) we speak of “pre-traumatic personality”. Clinicians simply do not know what sort of life or what happened in it with a new patient. A lot of the time this history is taken from family. Mostly, this is to determine area(s) of change not easily detected - particularly at the early stages of treatment. Thing is, brains bleed. That bleeding is not good, as things are a bit different inside the cranium. Even clotting can cause damage all by itself. Now, all i know is that football players take a lot of hit on the bean, and the inside of the skull is a lunar landscape of bumps and ridges. I’m thinking it must be somewhat like shaking a head of lettuce vigorously inside a medieval Iron Maiden. Good for salad, not so great for thinking.

Al, I appreciate it but I have a history of always being correct.

On a similar note, I’ve read that if the OJ trial were to happen today, CTE would be the defense.

That remains to be seen. :smile:

Any predictions?

Dang. Aaron Rogers done snapped a clavicle. How very unpleasant!

Now the Packers are losing to the … Vikings? Am I seeing this?