millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Music Thread

She’s still more metal than Def Leppard

:laughing:

If I had a ballot and had to choose five from that list it would be Kraftwerk, Janet, LL, Roxy, and the Cure.

I’d go for Devo, Kraftwerk, Rage, Roxy Music and The Cure

Who I think will make it: Stevie Nicks, Todd Rungren, Radiohead, Rage, and John Prine.

I think I’d do the same but put in Chaka Khan before Janet as she’s older. In the end it doesn’t matter really because they’ll all end up in there eventually, it’s just who gets in first.

I’m actually kinda shocked Kraftwerk aren’t already in the hall of fame, they’re probably the most important band in the history of pop music that’s not called The Beatles.

And much better

I don’t know. How long have they been fucking with The Zombies with a potential induction?

Yet they are still on the shortlist. Maybe not this year… they’ll be back on the next. :smile:

They’ve been nominated 4 times since 2013. They should probably either vote them in or cut them loose. :wink:

I also think people are underestimating the pull NE Ohio has in the Rock Hall inductions and the amount of favor Devo has in the area. I think they’ll be on the induction list this year.

The Zombies case has always been pretty thin. Yes they are a great band that was ahead of the curve but we’re really only talking about a few singles and one classic album.

Oh, I’m not saying they should induct them. I’m saying that after 4 nominations, they should either shit or get off the pot.

Plus, all the references in that one episode of The Middleman

It’s pretty easy to predict who will get in.

Whose record companies are trying to hawk a greatest hits disc at the moment? :thinking:

I was at a concert by Faber last week, a young Swiss musician (with band). A lot of what I like about him is in the lyrics, but this clip is worth watching even if you don’t understand them.

The new rules request that performers “do not sing or play any vulgar, obscene or banned songs or carry out indecent acts or make any vulgar gestures, actions or remarks during the performance”.

In a complaint made to Haringey council, campaigners said the festival brought anti-social behaviour to the area, with open drug dealing, vomiting on streets and excrement on doorsteps seen in previous years.

Tom Palin, a director of Friends of Finsbury Park, said locals last year “could not get any peace” and he personally knew of 10 people who had moved out of the area as a result of the disruption each year.