millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Iron Fist TV thread! Spoilers abound!

I am guessing that there aren’t a lot of dragons working in the entertainment industry. There’s Pete’s Dragon…those ones in Game of Thrones…and Don The Dragon Wilson. Scheduling must be a nightmare.

Most dragons I know are sick of the typcasting to be honest and wishing they would get offered more roles as the damsel or the prince.

Also, you’d be surprised at how many of those actual dragon roles are being played by Meryl Streep.

John Cena only has so much time in his day.

Because it’s not on one of the two big streaming services. At least that’s my answer :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if I’d even be aware of the show if I hadn’t read the books.

I did see a trailer for it here, a while back. Looked interesting enough.

Episodes 10, 11, 12 & 13

The last four episodes were probably some of the strongest in the series.

So the odd way they’re playing Danny Rand becomes a little clearer. What seemed like a naive, out of touch, adolescent man-child with bizarre emotional outbursts seems like it was always meant to be someone suffering from PTSD. It’s not a horrible idea but they way it plays out in the show is just really bizarre and off.

It was really bizarre and there didn’t seem to be any clear reason when the Iron Fist did and did not work properly. It also seems to only work on doors and floors. For instance, why was Danny able to summon it to break his cuffs but then unable to use it on Bakuto?

I liked that they finally revealed some history of previous Iron Fists and dropped most of the child falling from the sky stuff. They at least hinted at Shao Lao and we got a few K’un Lun scenes. Those could have definitely used a bit more funds poured into them or played them completely differently to better use the budget.

The fights are marginally better. They tended to be more fun when it’s more than just Danny fighting multiple assailants. His fight with Davos at the end was probably his best one-on-one fight.

Ward was probably my favorite character. I really liked his character arc from being the bully to probably the one most sympathetic toward Danny. Colleen was interesting too especially with her relationship to the Hand.

The strongest thing about this series was probably setting up the Hand for what I presume to be the big bad of Defenders. The different factions were interesting. Has there ever been an established rivalry between the Hand and the Iron Fist in the comics?

The ending was a bit odd. Presumably, this should all lead directly into Defenders but there might have also been a bit of a season two lead in as I don’t imagine the Defenders dealing much with K’un Lun. I do hope we get more of the Chaste and how they fit in with the Hand and Iron Fist.

Episodes 10, 11, 12 & 13

The last four episodes were probably some of the strongest in the series.

So the odd way they’re playing Danny Rand becomes a little clearer. What seemed like a naive, out of touch, adolescent man-child with bizarre emotional outbursts seems like it was always meant to be someone suffering from PTSD. It’s not a horrible idea but they way it plays out in the show is just really bizarre and off.

It was really bizarre and there didn’t seem to be any clear reason when the Iron Fist did and did not work properly. It also seems to only work on doors and floors. For instance, why was Danny able to summon it to break his cuffs but then unable to use it on Bakuto?

I liked that they finally revealed some history of previous Iron Fists and dropped most of the child falling from the sky stuff. They at least hinted at Shao Lao and we got a few K’un Lun scenes. Those could have definitely used a bit more funds poured into them or played them completely differently to better use the budget.

The fights are marginally better. They tended to be more fun when it’s more than just Danny fighting multiple assailants. His fight with Davos at the end was probably his best one-on-one fight.

Ward was probably my favorite character. I really liked his character arc from being the bully to probably the one most sympathetic toward Danny. Colleen was interesting too especially with her relationship to the Hand.

The strongest thing about this series was probably setting up the Hand for what I presume to be the big bad of Defenders. The different factions were interesting. Has there ever been an established rivalry between the Hand and the Iron Fist in the comics?

The ending was a bit odd. Presumably, this should all lead directly into Defenders but there might have also been a bit of a season two lead in as I don’t imagine the Defenders dealing much with K’un Lun. I do hope we get more of the Chaste and how they fit in with the Hand and Iron Fist.

That’s weird. I don’t know why it double posted.

Just finished the last 3 eps last night. I might be in the minority in thinking this show peaked in the middle. I was not a fan of anything going on plot-wise towards the end of this. The fights didn’t get much better, and I got sick of seeing the hero of the series struggle with the most basic of henchmen in all these conflicts.

I know for SURE I’m in the minority here, but I was OK with Finn’s portrayal. I had no great history with the Danny Rand character, so I don’t know if it’s accurate or not to the source material, but I thought he did fine with what he was given. I’m looking forward to him moving into a more confident and controlled Iron Fist in (hopefully) future series. I think he desparately needs someone to play off of to add a little bit more personality to him (Colleen doesn’t count. Luke Cage does.)

Overall, my Marvel Netflix rankings go like dees:
1.DD season 2 8/10
2. Jessica Jones 7/10
3. DD season 1 5/10
4. Iron Fist 5/10
5. Luke Cage 3/10

It is really, really hard to imagine why this version of Luke Cage would want to hang out with this version of Danny Rand. Perhaps a mutual love of vintage hip hop could bring them together?

Absolutely right. If they take Finn’s character a little further, they could have him be the more immature younger brother trying to get his older, stoic brother to crack a smile every now and then.

Hopefully, although that doesn’t seem to bear much correlation with how Danny’s been portrayed so far in this universe. More Wesley Crusher than William T. Riker.

Maybe Marvel will decide to make them a couple?

Maybe their first encounter will be Luke trying to drag Danny to a barbershop to do something about that damn mess of hair on his head.

His hair is crap.

I’m not really a “eye colour on wonder woman” type of guy, but his hair is crap and it’s crap hair that’s shit.

When Zhou Cheng told him he had a nice hair-cut, I was like “bro, you’ve clearly got product in your hair that’s been super-styled AND you’re a drunken bum. Danny looks like baby of Seth Rogen and pre-Guardians Chris Pratt!”

I actually may have said those words exactly. I can’t remember.

we need to talk about that excuse for a “beard” first…

Even Matt Murdock looks at that and goes “wow, what a crappy beard.”