millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Greatest Live-Action Superhero show of ALL TIME!

Polls will decide!:

• Batman '66
  • Wonder Woman '78
  • Adventures of Superman '52
  • Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD
  • Marvel’s Agent Carter
  • Marvel’s Daredevil
  • Marvel’s Jessica Jones
  • Marvel’s Luke Cage
  • Marvel’s Iron Fist
  • Amazing Spider-Man
  • Incredible Hulk
  • Arrow
  • Legends of Tomorrow
  • Supergirl
  • Flash
  • Smallville
  • Superman: Adventures of Lois and Clark
  • Superboy
  • Gotham
  • Other

0 voters

Some of your other options:

• Swamp-Thing: The Series
  • Shazam!
  • Birds of Prey
  • Human Target (1992 or 2010)
  • Blade: The Series
  • Legion
  • Mutant X
  • Powers
  • Witchblade
  • The Tick!
  • The Green Hornet
2 Likes

Was going to pick Daredevil but the second season hurt the first season. So it’s Batman 66 for me.

Inspired a generation to love comics. Still referred to and lauded 50 years later. It’s stars became pop culture legends. It was groundbreaking for its time. Suitable for any age, from anywhere in the world. Seeped in the global consciousness. You start singing the theme tune in the middle of any bar on the planet and I bet half the patrons know what you’re singing.

No other live action superhero series will come close.

9 Likes

I left the poll with two options for the sole purpose that there was so many good shows that were left out, but I felt just didn’t fit the strict tone I was going for. If people want to pick two shows, whether they be on on the poll and “other” or two on the poll, feel free.

4 Likes

As things stand today, Daredevil is the best superhero show ever made.

I didn’t realise you could pick two; I think the Hulk show would be my second choice.

3 Likes

Legion, people!!!

4 Likes

Sorry, but Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for me. Once you get past the failures of the first half of the first season, the show does something that shows and movies rarely do: it gets better with every season. It’s clever, unpredictable, entertaining, and has a perfect balance of grittiness and humour. The writers allow the show to fit in with the movies’ continuity, but also use the show to introduce much more: for example the Inhumans, the resurrection of Coulson, and the Asgardian Berserker Staff.

2 Likes

Daredevil Season 1 was phenomenal, but personally, I found it less entertaining than the other TV shows. However, it overcomes the acting and continuity flaws that riddle the CW universe, entertaining as the Arrow, Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow are.

1 Like

Maybe that’s because when watching Daredevil, I expected too much superhero, and not enough drama.

1 Like

This.

2 Likes

It might be too soon to tell as they could easily squander the goodwill with a lacklustre second season (much like Daredevil) but, right now, Legion. It is like no other superhero show on that list. Distinctive and affecting without resorting to camp or comedy or downplaying the fantastical elements. Riveting visual storytelling, memorable performances and one of the few auteur-driven superhero shows there have been. In and out in a lean eight episodes.

Why is this not on the list and yet Iron Fist is an option? Would anybody really pick Danny “I just need to restore my chi then I’ll get the ironing done” Rand as the greatest live action superhero of all time?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen Iron Fist, but what’s so bad about it?

It seemed like a lesser version of early-years Smallville. Not without its charms if you want to MST3K something while watching but absolutely nothing special in and of itself.

1 Like

Lorcan_Nagle you da man :slight_smile: S.H.I.E.L.D. Squad

1 Like

There is an “Other” option - you’re only limited to 20 choices - I originally had like 36, but had to cut it down. Legion was in there, but when I cut it down it just felt like a more obvious cut from the list then some. You can choose Other, though.

3 Likes

I can’t stay mad at that puppy face… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didn’t realise you could pick two.

I went with Smallville, I would have added Batman.

I also really like DD, JJ & LC

Flash is good clean fun, but too clean, which can bore me at times. Arrow has had some great moments.

I’d love to watch Lois & Clarke again.

2 Likes

Flash has horrible continuity issues, though. But I still love it

1 Like

Other - Legion

2 Likes

I voted for Lois & Clark; not because it’s a good superhero show. It isn’t. It’s pretty crap at the superheroics, in all honesty, and is also far from my favourite live action version of Superman. In fact, I think I gave up watching the show before it finished (I think it must have been at the end of season 3, when the BBC lost it to Sky). But, it came along at a pretty formative time in my life. I’d just left home, for university, and was trying to figure out who I was and what I was going to do with my life outside of my parents’ shadow. Suffice to say that you can trace a pretty clear line between Dean Cain’s Clark Kent (particularly in season 1) and the man I became.

And, Daredevil, because I think it’s the perfect live action version of that character and his mythos. The main actors are all fantastic, and there’s a great aesthetic to it.

I wish I could say Iron Fist, because I really wanted this to be awesome, but sadly I’ve not seen it yet.

3 Likes

I also went with Batman '66.

2 Likes