millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The Expanse thread - SPOILERS for series 3

Oh, I remember, I was thinking it could be different this year due to the later start date.

Hopefully, you’re right.

Netflix Germany will likely once again not get it before the end of the year :angry:

As far as I saw it was Netflix everywhere got it that few months later, dropped the same time and day in the UK, Malaysia and Germany. In North America it isn’t on Netflix.

Was busy last week. Just caught the episode now. Wow, right back into it and it must be good because I’m talking out loud (called Sadavir Erinnwright a fucking prick).
Going to make sure I watch Wednesday nights as this is too damned good to wait.

He’s another character who’s barely in the books but has been expanded on greatly for the show. They’ve even given him a bigger role over what was originally planned thanks to loving Shawn Doyle’s performance

Like SeanR, I did not watch ep1 until the weekend, Due to spoilers, My review was going to be very detail free( Ship gets new name, Bobbie spends a lot of time clanking around in her, etc…) But since ppl have been warned, I will get more specific.

Like SeanR, when Errenwright is manipulating the Sec General, i was calling him names. I’m sure he is hoping Christiene(sp) gets “accidentally” shot before presenting her evidence.

My favorite scene is where Holden just ignores Naomi completely and changes the destination of the Pinus Contorta (new name of Rosi) and the rest of the crew all agree with him. I like the new Amos. I think he is going to be even more dangerous than he has been in the past. The treatment of Naomi reminds me of the panel I went to in Toronto where they were slightly in character in their treatment of the actress who plays Naomi. Frankie, who plays Bobbi, even joined in. I am hoping Bobbi will meet the crew soon.

What a great episode! Loved that space battle, really nicely done.
I was surprised with the change in Anna but I guess we’re really starting to go off book in places.

Yeah, making her blonde? What were the producers thinking?

Jokes aside, I really liked Anna here, it got her earnesntess and enthusiasm perfectly, And her holding up the cushion up to Nani and Nono was a perfect adaptation of an important part of her character in the books. I really hope they keep the bit from Abaddon’s Gate where she’s slightly unhinged on amphetamines.

The fight between the Roci and the patrol ship was a great illustration of how space combat is more likely to be like than Star Wars style swooping and dogfighting (not that there weren’t a few physics howlers, like the missiles having an area of effect like that), using the missile detonation EMPs as an effective smokescreen was a wonderful moment.

And for the amount of times it happens, I really hope Wes Chatham enjoyes being trussed up in a haress for wire work.