millarworld.tv Comics Creators

The DC New Movie Thread!

Because 514 posts is more than I can count up to!

Let’s start afresh like it’s 1985 and Crisis has reshaped all those old comments FOREVER.

PS I wish I could say what I really think in this thread without it ending up as news stories everywhere :slight_smile:

Scott Eastwood on the set of Suicide Squad.
He was originally rumored to be playing Steve Trevor (who he would be perfect for), but rumors are that he is playing just some role in this film

I thought your crush on Ben Affleck was well established?

There’s nothing I want to read from you more (other than Chrononauts :smile:). Maybe you could write your opinions in code or something?

I’m unsure how I feel about the Suicide Squad photo. Some of the characters designs look cool, but it all looks a bit odd together. Then again, I’m still unsure how I feel about the idea of the movie in general. Not that having no idea what to expect is a bad thing.

Well, since I can’t have Eastwood as Captain America, I guess whoever he’s playing in Suicide Squad will have to do.

No, but it’s probably not a great thing from a marketing point of view.

Sure, but since the movie is well over a year from release I figure they’ll have a pretty focused marketing campaign once they really start marketing the movie. And then at that point I’ll be able to make a much more informed decision on whether it looks like a movie I’d care to watch.

Dial H For Hero Becomes Live Action Comedy #4Hero From Machinima, DC And A Smartphone App

A modern adaptation of DC Comics’ cult-favorite classic “Dial H For Hero”, #4Hero is a live-action, VFX-heavy action-comedy about a young woman named Nellie Tribble who is quietly desperate to make her mark on the world, but wholly unprepared to do so. Nellie stumbles upon a life-altering smartphone app that allows her to instantly become a Super Hero for a short amount of time. The problem is her super powers are dictated by whatever is trending on social media at that moment, and they are always only semi-useful.

Eh - Dial H has been through a lot of iterations.
I hope it goes crazy with the Dial-ups though.

Also - they’re making a reality show based around groups creating short films based on Starman.
STARMAN

That’s interesting.

DCU: “We’ve decided to go in a different direction with this one, because frack you.”

We are are never gonna get a Teen Titans movie…ever.

I’m just gonna say one thing.
Leto is going to be one smooth Joker. Full scene leaked footage.

Something different, that’s for sure. I like the look of it. Especially the way he’s constantly moving.

He’s very flamboyant, very kinetic, this is all stuff I was hoping for with Leto.
This one seems to be more about fast cars, looking snazzy, and all of that.
It’s a different way to go, but it’s one I can see working out. I like the body language.

It definitely seems like something more in line with the Joker from BTAS (and maybe Arkham Asylum) than anything else.

This footage and Killer Croc, I think, show that this is likely going to be a more cartoony/goofy movie than anyone expects. Jeez, Joker would not stop swaying his hips. his goading on Harley into shooting him, it’s all very over the top.

Whether it can be pulled off is another matter. Schumacher could barely in Forever, before going broke in “And Robin”

I still think the heightened cartooniness of Batman Forever is underrated. It’s a world away from the more modern approach, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Oh yeah, that’s why I used barely - because it does work in a lot of places. Some of the set design gives of a very Finger-esque vibe and it doesn’t go as far as “And Robin”, knowing when to pull back when it should.

I think Suicide Squad should be somewhere nearer to that, but of course with mind to being…Suicide Squad. Have style.

I think as long as it doesn’t become too pantomime like those Batman movies.

I think the idea is to mix noir with panto, true crime with genre etc