millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

I wish that was fake news. I had to go see it with my wife when it came out. Horrible movie.

I will support that statement even having no idea how she’s doing in business.

I imagine much of that was due to Dane Cook. Never seen the movie, just assuming based on what I’ve seen of his standup.

He didn’t help things.

I think Dane Cook is funny. There I said it.

No, you didn’t.

You typed it.

I say everything I’m typing out loud as I type it.

Touche.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-horror-story-election-ve-222839580.html

‘American Horror Story’: Ryan Murphy Reveals Season 7 Will Tackle 2016 Presidential Election
Alex Stedman,Variety 21 hours ago

And the theme of “American Horror Story” Season 7 is… politics?

The show’s producer, Ryan Murphy, revealed on Wednesday night that the next installment of FX’s horror anthology will zero in on the 2016 presidential election. During an appearance on Andy Cohen’s “Watch What Happens Live,” Murphy said that he’s pulling inspiration from the Nov. 8 election that saw now-President Donald Trump pull off a surprise victory over Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

“Well, I don’t have a title, but the season we begin shooting in June is going to be about the election that we just went through,” Murphy said. “So I think that will be interesting for a lot of people.”

Will there be a character based on Trump? When asked the question by Cohen, Murphy played it coy, telling him, “maybe.”

It’s already been confirmed that “AHS” veterans Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters will be returning for the next season, which, as Murphy revealed, will begin shooting in June. FX renewed “AHS” through Season 9 in January.

It’s almost surprising, given last season’s secrecy, that Murphy would make the reveal of the theme so early. For Season 6, “Roanoke,” FX whet fans’ appetites with a series of mysterious teasers, and didn’t make public the theme of that installment until its season premiere.

Murphy has kept busy at FX, with three anthology series in the works at the 21st Century Fox-owned network. Along with “AHS,” Murphy has “Feud,” starring Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon, bowing next month, and a second season of “American Crime Story,” focusing on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, debuting sometime in 2018.

When I think are dark, occult crime procedurals, Kevin Smith is not the first name to come to mind for writer/director/producer.

When it comes to anything. Kevin Smith should not come to mind :slight_smile:

Even fat men who wear jorts?

Well, there are some exceptions to the rule…

When I think Spawn, I also don’t think BBC, so maybe it’s a marriage made in heaven.

I quite like Smith’s humility, he admits he is the guy who was promoted above his abilities and moved back to TV and small films. That’s a rare admission in any business although it is true in almost all.

To be honest I am most likely more of a fan of his podcasts than his productions but I have enjoyed stuff he’s done.

He should probably team up with his fellow podcast host Marc Bernadin though as he seems to have much better ideas.

BBC America is kind of its own thing. Arcane rules mean it really has to make both the shows and its money overseas.

The BBC in the UK is not allowed to make any profit. BBCA has made shows like Orphan Black which was part funded from Canada and very little profile in the UK.

I agree…but then I remember Moose Jaws and the rumors about “MallBrats” before apparently no network wanted to buy the show.

And it’s like, nah man nah.

I think he could still do a good movie, but I don’t think he knows that he can.
His best movies are the ones that play with his wry, personal, humor that comes from his life and such.
Which is why I think his attempts otherwise have failed, other than when the story/script/plot isn’t there.

He may have scaled back his movies, but he needs to scale down farther than that, like M. Night did.

I love Smith but think there was a point where he completely lost self confidence and it destroyed his ability to make films.

I think it’s more that he now makes movies on any whim.