millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Confirmed here:

https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/122622

Inspired by the classic video game series, Castlevania is a dark medieval fantasy following the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself. The animated series is from Frederator Studios, a Wow! Unlimited Media company, written by best-selling author and comic book icon Warren Ellis and executive produced by Warren Ellis, Kevin Kolde, Fred Seibert and Adi Shankar.

That’s going to be crazy. Both the producers and Ellis have said in the past that the cartoon they were working on is uber violent.

So…a bit like Vampire Hunter D? That’s how I would have pictured a Castlevania animated film/show.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some cross pollination between the two at some point.

Hall as JFK is an interesting choice. Their casting has been very good so far though.

Remember Top Gear?

Bumping up Reid and Harris into a new trio with Le Blanc makes sense (assuming that is what they’re doing). Can’t be any worse than last year or the, frankly embarrassing, Grand Tour.

I only ever watched the first episode of Grand Tour. Did it remain about the same?

Not only did it keep the same tone and general level of quality, it kept the exact same jokes (for the next episode at least, which is as far as I got with it).

That’s disappointing.

Wow, that could be something well worth watching.

I figure I’ll watch a “Grand Tour: The Best of the Challenges” at some point. I know it’s scripted/improv but getting them out of the hanger and visiting interesting places was one of the best things about ‘Top Gear’.

Let the fucking thing stay dead…

… burn the bodies!

We don’t want things like that coming back!

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bad-news-donald-trump-snl-190120570.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

They already have The Voice. Is that not enough?

The Voice is also a better concept of the whole singing competition show than American Idol was. I can’t see any reason why NBC would want to potentially poison the well by bringing in an inferior brand to compete with itself.

I’d assume they’d play it different times of the year like Fox did when they tried X-Factor.

I can’t see it being a ratings behemoth again but maybe it doesn’t need to be, it’s not that expensive to make I’d imagine.

I think the hosts got to be a huge expense at points.

I personally think it’s too soon to try to resurrect the show. It really needs to rest for awhile.

I tend to agree, there’s a certain fatigue there.

They can start again with hosts fees though and it reminds me a bit of Big Brother in the UK. It was a massive hit and ratings winner and then dropped off and Channel 4 axed it. It moved to Channel 5 which traditionally has lower ratings, they hired a new cheaper host and it’s doing well for them. So I can see some business sense in it.

That Body Building Book was a real life-changer for Conan the Librarian.