millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Cool.

Finally, we’ll be getting this Simon Belmont:

And not:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/castlevania/images/d/dd/Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121226200328

What if we get:

Is that Gambit’s new duds?

New?

That’s an amazing duo.

Aw, does that mean they’re not doing Maniac Cop anymore? That’s too bad, I was really looking forward to that.

It doesn’t really need Part II.

Refn was only ever going to produce that for someone else to direct, but there’s been no word on it since it was announced. http://variety.com/2016/film/news/nicolas-winding-refn-maniac-cop-first-look-deal-1201775733/

“Maniac Cop,” the first in a trilogy, is written by Ed Brubaker (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) and directed by John Hyams (“Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning”). It follows innocent people who are brutally murdered on the streets of Los Angeles by a uniformed police officer. As the death toll rises and LAPD attempts a cover up, one determined female cop sets out to reveal the truth.

I didn’t realize that it was going to be Hyam. He’s an amazing action director that surprisingly hasn’t made it big yet. Universal Soldier: Regeneration and Day of Reckoning are great films. If it’s dead that’s still disappointing.

Why? That seems unnecessary. I was hoping it would be a one-off.

Oops. I thought same.

Not me. Loved every single ep and want more from these characters and creators. It’s the only show in a while that has still stuck with me for quite some time afterward.

It just strikes me that if they continue the story with the same characters then they sort of have to take a stance on the way the series ended .

Oh absolutely. Which is why I’m looking forward to it.

which reminds me @TMasters, what was your take on the whole jazz hands awkward dancing climax

I wonder if they’ll just do a separate story with a different set of characters.

To me, in it’s heart it’s a rescue story that hasn’t been told all the way through yet. They’d have to keep us updated on the prisoners at least? And OA and her friends would HAVE to be involved in some way…

Whoa now. Whoa. Captain N was a classic. Classic.

I’m happy to see Chris Pine doing more comedy.